Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #1

It's Home

Got home around noon with our new 2012 Rockwood 2604. Now I've got 7 days to get it ready for July 4th weekend. DW's already figured out where she want most of the stuff, and has sorted thru everything that came out of the old camper and cut down the pile a lot!! Sure will be nice to not have to climb over each other as with the ROO. Will get some pic once we set-up in Lockport NY July 4th.
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
Got home around noon with our new 2012 Rockwood 2604. Now I've got 7 days to get it ready for July 4th weekend. DW's already figured out where she want most of the stuff, and has sorted thru everything that came out of the old camper and cut down the pile a lot!! Sure will be nice to not have to climb over each other as with the ROO. Will get some pic once we set-up in Lockport NY July 4th.
Does the wife take over after the 7 days? Just curious since it about two weeks before the 4th of July.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #3

Terier: Leaving Wed 29 of June for July 4th weekend. You know new camper change this, add that, modify this, seal around bottom of all windows (some reason Forest River skips the additional caulk around the bottom), and 1/2 a dozen other little things to do before we leave. No the DW doesn't take over, it's sort of a joint efffort. Last night we put all her (Kitchen Linens etc) stuff in the camper and today I sort thru all the MAN STUFF for the camper, and where it's going.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
! Sure will be nice to not have to climb over each other as with the ROO.
I kinda like that part

Enjoy your new trailer and have a happy fourth!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Site Team

LOL- didn't think about leaving for the holiday early. Guess that's why I'm now wishing I was departing a day or two sooner. CG is only 20 minutes away so traffic will not be an issue.

Co-worker has an agreement with her hubby - he can do all his stuff to the rig but the last 48 hours before a trip she gets full custody of it so that she can do her "job". Now that both of him on the same schedule she said it works well. She comes up with some pretty good meal planning so it worth it to her hubby.

Have fun in your new trailer and be sure to post pictures from your trip!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
seal around bottom of all windows (some reason Forest River skips the additional caulk around the bottom)
Before caulking that make sure FR didn't caulk it on purpose to allow draining....
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #7

frankm They don't caulk around the bottom of the windows to save money. They feel that the rubberized seal that they put betwen the windor frame and the body is enough for the bottom, but too many times the seals shifted or in the case of one of my windows missing about 3/8" of the seal, which is enough for water to seep in there when towing or if the rain is hitting that side of the trailer, and as a lot of people have learned any water seepage can end up with a delamination situation. The drainage is the 1 or 2 little slots right in the frame it's self. It's a case of an ounce of prevention, same way with eternabonding all the roof seams, skylights, etc on the roof to stop any chance of a leak before they happen.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
49 year camping veteran

I'll have to look at my windows then. Thanks for the tip.
Post your trip experiences up, so I can compare notes on my new one.
Just about ready to leave next week, now the water heater issue is resolved.
Maxterra is offline   Reply With Quote