Just bought a 2010 8313SS
Hi all...We just purchased a 2010 8313ss. We spent the past weekend at the lake. On a scale of 1 to 10, we rate the 8313SS an 8, which is definately above average and we are VERY satisfied and VERY pleased with our unit. We look forward to many trips to the lake with our TT and our Boat.
What We Love
- The Tuscan cabinets all real wood
- The 32 inch Toshiba TV in the main area
- The wood floors and minimum carpeting
- The table with 4 chairs vs. the bench seating
- The atrium (full windows) option in the main area
- We tow with a Dodge Ram 2500 ST Hemi 5.7. Tows nicely behind our vehicle!
- Comes with a TORNADO to clean black tank!
- The fridge cools down real fast. Less than 2 hours to be at a point to make ice (when on propane - electric takes a little longer)
- The 15K BTU Air
- We purchased the unit fully loaded...everything except the tire inflation monitors. Very nice unit...
What was a surprise
- The upgrade to the air matresses. Nicer than previous models.
- 2 down spouts for draining: 1 for the galley (Grey tank) and 1 for the Grey/Black in the back of the unit. Would have like to have known that before our first trip.
- The quality signal we get with the HD Antenna. May have been where we were staying, but we got a really good signal on all TVs
- The SERTA Mattress in the main bedroom! We purchased a 2" memory foam top based on the 2009 mattress. We put it on anyways...feels great!
- Dealer showed us how to winterize the unit...we were very surprised how easy it is to winterize ourselves.
What we don't like
- The propane heater for the water. Would prefer electric when we hook up. This is the #1 thing that will drain your propane tanks.
- The propane usage for heating the unit. We would prefer electric and looking into that (electric portable ceramic heaters). We wanted to keep it hooked up year round, but now thinking twice about that.
- A leak from the bath tub when showering (for a a while afterwards). Traced it down to a seam in the front side of shower. Think I can resolve on my own...very minor
- Some of the counter tops where they attached the roundness on the edges seems to be cheaply applied. May eventually work lose, but easy to fix.
- Love the pantry double pull outs for food (the concept), however they are flimsy when empty. I see us having to reinforce/replace the drawer mechanisms in the near future
- The galley down spout is under the main room slide out. This means when the galley grey tank fills you need to crawl under there to pull the valve. The other one (black/grey on back of unit) is easily accessible. We will purchase another hose and leave connected to the galley to make it easy for weekend trips.
- Royal pain to put the slide lock bars in place. Very little room to squeeze in there and tighten them up. I actually have bruises on my arm from doing this. I see why people don't put them in place. Average person will need a stepping stool.
- May have been how we were using water, but we had to dump the tanks daily. They would be 2/3 to Full each day. Not a huge deal, just a pain.
- The propane tanks make a noise when the water heater is pumping propane from tanks (but not all the time). I talked to dealer - they have seen this on several units. Replaced all sorts of parts in units. Sometimes it gets rid of the noise and sometimes it does not. Not very loud, but you can hear it outside (not inside). Doesn't have any impact on the performance of the system.
- Baked french fries in the oven. The oven was a pain to light the first time. Once lit it worked great.
- Seems that when they transported from the factory, it was just hooked up to and drove to our dealer (pretty common I'm sure). That put 900 miles on the tires before we even took ownership of our unit. mmmm...
- The paper towel rack is crap
- The spice rack will only hold small (miniture) bottles on the second shelf
- Opening the blinds takes practice...should be simpler
We hope this helps you make a decision on a purchase if you were looking at the 8313SS, year 2010. We really like our unit and are very happy we purchased. It doesn't seem to be put together with corners being cut, however some things can be improved. It is a very sound, solid unit we hope to have for many years to come.
W & G