Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #1

Just got a 2306. Towel bar? TP roll? Paper towel roll?

Just picked up a 2306 yesterday went through the whole pdi process for around 2 hours. The towel bar, toilet paper holder and paper towel holder were not installed. They said some people don't use them and some people don't want to have extra things drilled into their trailer. Anyone have these installed and where did you put them?

Thanks
pcandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #2
JAL

Wished Jayco would have not installed out TP holder. We ended up moving it as it was where your leg would hit it when you walked in/out of bathroom. (Bath is "split" with toilet and sink in one room and shower across hall from that.)

Did not move towel rack but added three more -- one on back side of door to bathroom door and then these two: Towel Bars Photo by JAL59 | Photobucket

Four occupants = Four towel holders in my book.
JAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Made tp holder and mounted next to throne and shower wall.......it's about 14/15" up to the tp...... picture a branch with a v at top of upright with a short leg for roll.....stained to match.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
happy camper

I wouldn't install a paper towel holder. We had one, mounted under a kitchen cabinet, and it pulled out after just a couple of months of use. DH wanted to reinstall it, but it certainly seemed to me like it was just going to happen again -- that wood was very (very!) thin. So I bought one of those upright paper towel holders that just stands on the counter-top, and it's tucked into a cabinet when we're rolling.

With the TP holder, DH never got around to installing it, and then I found a hook at Walmart that's sold as an over-the-tank TP hook for a spare roll (for home use). In our TT it hooks over a lower cabinet door that's right next to the loo. Perfect solution. It also is stowed in a cabinet when we're rolling.

http://www.amazon.com/Over-Tank-Toil.../dp/B004TBPHC2

I guess I haven't installed any of the 3 items you mentioned. For towel bars, I've got some over-the-door hooks that hang over the top of the shower enclosure. We hang lots of things on those -- PJ's & bathrobes to name a few. And oh yeah, towels.

IMHO, screwing anything into the wall, that's going to get some wear & tear on it, is just asking for trouble.
Mary Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #5

Never been a fan of having towel racks in the shower-but each to his own
pfeather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #6
happy camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeather1 View Post
Never been a fan of having towel racks in the shower-but each to his own
Hey, is this directed at my post? If so, FUNNY! Because, yeah, I didn't specify that my over-the-door towel hooks are actually mounted on the outside of the shower enclosure.
Mary Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #7

Actually Mary Ellen it was for JAL's picture of towel racks in shower- but glad you have a sense of humour- so many on here get offended way too easily (they'd never survive on Twitter)
pfeather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #8

Awesome! I didn't really want to install these since most of the wood is very thin. Looks like an over the door towel holder. TP holder over the cabinet door maybe? And a paper towel holder on the counter.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #9

DW found a TP stand at walmart that holds the in use roll and 2 spare rolls on the bottom. The whole thing goes inside the cabinet for travel. Paper towels on a portable holder makes more sense when you go outside to the picnic table. For bath towels we got 2 round rings at WM and mounted them on either side of the bathroom door. That's the only thing we screwed to the thin walls.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
JAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeather1 View Post
Actually Mary Ellen it was for JAL's picture of towel racks in shower- but glad you have a sense of humour- so many on here get offended way too easily (they'd never survive on Twitter)

Hey, I'm offended!! Joking

Towels in shower not my thing either -- they're for the kids. Mom and Dad's are the other two on bathroom door and wall. Actually, we have used these towel racks more for wet swim suits and similar than towels.

Happy Camping!
JAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #11
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL View Post
Hey, I'm offended!! Joking

Towels in shower not my thing either -- they're for the kids. Mom and Dad's are the other two on bathroom door and wall. Actually, we have used these towel racks more for wet swim suits and similar than towels.

Happy Camping!
After you've picked 'em up off the floor!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431736473.944660.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	77043

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431736485.495815.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	77044

I did my own toilet paper holder. Attached the provided towel rack above the toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost, Supercab
etothepii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:23 AM   #13

Thumbs up Great Suggestions

Really like some of the suggestions I've read.....Thanks.

I just got a Flagstaff Micro...upgrade for me from a Flagstaff "A" frame popup. Love it. I too am trying to figure out the "hooks" thing. I was going to do the under cabinet rack for paper towels and decided as someone else mentioned the wood is paper thin. I opted for an on counter weighted towel rack. Stores perfectly in the oven when rolling. For the over door hooks, I actually have a double hook on the outside AND inside the bathroom door. Outside hook for jacket/hats, inside bathroom for towels/whatever. I ran a small double sided foam strip on the top of the door that helps hold the hooks in place.
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:44 AM   #14

I attached my TP holder behind the door below the sink....handy and out of the way and stays dry !
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothepii View Post
Attachment 77043
Attachment 77044

I did my own toilet paper holder. Attached the provided towel rack above the toilet.

I love your idea for the TP. Is that one of those over the toilet spare holders from WalMart that someone else talked about? We have the same little space under the sink counter next to the toilet so that would work perfect for us.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothepii View Post
Attachment 77043
Attachment 77044

This is perfect! Now to find a hook like that.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #17

We had a 2503 Rockwood. It came new without any of those also. We bought and used free standing tp holder and papertowel holders. Put hooks over the top of bathroom door to hold towels. Worked great for us.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger60 View Post
I love your idea for the TP. Is that one of those over the toilet spare holders from WalMart that someone else talked about? We have the same little space under the sink counter next to the toilet so that would work perfect for us.

It is one of those. I put it in a vice and broke the tab off of it, the used huge washers to screw it to the underside of the countertop.

2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost, Supercab
etothepii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #19

We just store ours in a basket on the shelf under the counter. Have towel rack hanging over the top of the door.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1431824423868.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	77149  
2013 Nights Camping (10) Reserved (7)
hjmiberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #20

We installed the provided paper towel holder, and removed it probably a month later after the paper towel roll kept falling out. I installed this instead and liked it much better: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also installed the towel bar and wish I hadn't. I removed it later (now with holes in the door), and used two of these: interDesign Classico Over-the-Door 6-Hook Rack in Chrome-06926 - The Home Depot

With five people, I HAD to.

We did use the toilet paper roll, installed on the panel in front of the sink.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags