Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #41

KyDan, you have to program the unit to your specific vehicle under X gauge section.

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
KyDan, you have to program the unit to your specific vehicle under X gauge section.

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf
Thanks Fonzie.....I forgot that I had to do that.

Dan, not all functions work with every vehicle. If it doesn't go through the on-board computer, then ScanGauge won't show it. I emailed (or called, can't remember) the people at ScanGauge before I ordered my unit to make sure that it would show the transmission temperature on my truck.....that was the main reason I wanted that puppy.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #43

If the scangauge II is programmed for tranny temp will it record the high temp or just show what the temp is at that time?
On my Silverado it has the temp on the display. But it does not tell me what the high temp was on a trip. I there sometime that will tell you what the trip high tranny temp is?
Viper764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #44

I also measured my aux transmission cooler infront of the radator it measures 4 1/2" H X 11" W X 3/4" D That is about 36 sq inches of cooling area. I'm wondering if that is large enough?
Silverado 1500 ExtCab Short bed 4WD 5.3 L 4 speed Auto tran.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper764 View Post
If the scangauge II is programmed for tranny temp will it record the high temp or just show what the temp is at that time?
It just records current temperature.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #46
dap

We have had the 2604SS since oct and have not camped in it yet since it was winterized by the dealer.
Between our order in Sept and receipt in Oct the factory added cabinets above the two chair at the back and changed the door to a slider going into the bedroom,this was fine for us.
So far we were disappointed that the front window does not open and the lack of 110 volt plugs in the kitchen area
dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #47

Hi dap, Thanks for the info. I ordered my 2604 Jan 20, 2011. I seen some pic and videos on the internet but they don't show cabinets above the chairs. What videos I have seen it does't look like the cabinet would be very high. If sent me a pic of the cabinet or ost a pic would be helpful to me. I'm wondering if those changes will be in the one I get?Thanks for your help.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap View Post
So far we were disappointed that the front window does not open and the lack of 110 volt plugs in the kitchen area
I can only guess that an operable front window would
be asking for a leak- especially when towing in a
"driving rain". (Pun is intended )

We had a previous trailer that leaked at the front window
and it was a PIA to find and fix.
It mostly leaked on the road and not much or at all
when parked. That made finding the leak a problem.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #49
dap

Cabinets are the same as over couch
WE ordered it with the free standing table and chairs,which we removed then added two recliners after sliding the couch down toward the tv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood 2604 Trailer  2011 014.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	4337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood 2604 Trailer  2011 009.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	4338  
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #50

Thanks dap, nice layout. WE ordered the booth dinette. Thanks for the pics on the cabinets above the chairs. (more storage space)
Old 02-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #51

Hi all in my last remarks I was worried about my tranny. Since then I had the fluids and filter changed in the tranny, also the transfer case. front and rear diff. I have about 76K mile on the Silverado.
Now all I have to do is wait for my dealer to call me and say my Rockwood 2604 is ready to pickup. I live in PA and the dealer is in Ohio about 465 miles from were I live. I order it on Jan 20, 2011. The dealer said 6 to 8 weeks. I think it should be in 1st, 2nd or 3rd week of March.
I am soo tired of the snow and cold that I had to take 2 advils this morning because I had a bad case of cabin fever!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #52

Hi, I also bought a 2011 2604 back in October that I'm pulling with an 03 F-150, 4.6 / 3.55. I have had no problems other than taking it slow in the hills of western PA, MD, WV on my way from OH back to VA. The loaded weight on my 2604 (no water) is about 6100. The 5228 that FR states in brochures is not only dry weight, it is basically a stripped weight for the 2604. Mine was delivered with a dry/empty weight of 5718 LBS (with appliances and options). If you use a reasonable amount of discretion in how you drive and stay within the manufacturer's specs, you should have no problem with your Chevy. As for the WD Hitch, I bought the Equalizer and it really works well. You will hear a few cracks, creaks and grunts but as far as stability, I don't think you will find a better device. I have two dislikes with the 2604. First, don't waste your time or money on the Storm Windows - they do not fit well, have no provision for opening or easy removal and simply look cheap. Second issue - (self inflicted wound on my part) I had looked at a many similar units prior to buying (ordering RVW) but didn't realize until I owned it that I would need to move and secure the rear lounge chairs each time I closed the slide. Another foot in length would have made an incredible difference! Best of luck with yours!
RIRED56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #53

Hi RIRED56, Thanks for the info. The 2604 I order has the 15K AC, countertop ext, Elect togue jack, 4 power stabilizer jacks and slide top awning. I think I'm going to be heavier then your dry weight. The chairs do you tie them down before a trip? I was going the get the free standing table and chairs, but I did not because I thought it would be something else I would have to secure for a trip.
I will be going out to OH to pickup the 2604 sometime in March. I will try to let you know how thing go on the trip. I plan on staying out there for a night or two check the 2604 for problems. When you got you 2604 what issues did you have at first? Minor I hope.
Thanks again
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #54

Quote:
Hi RIRED56, Thanks for the info. The 2604 I order has the 15K AC, countertop ext, Elect togue jack, 4 power stabilizer jacks and slide top awning. I think I'm going to be heavier then your dry weight. The chairs do you tie them down before a trip? I was going the get the free standing table and chairs, but I did not because I thought it would be something else I would have to secure for a trip.
I will be going out to OH to pickup the 2604 sometime in March. I will try to let you know how thing go on the trip. I plan on staying out there for a night or two check the 2604 for problems. When you got you 2604 what issues did you have at first? Minor I hope.
Thanks again
Can't speak for a 2604, but the free standing table in my 831rlbss is attached to the floor. There's a simple clip strap that goes though the table legs to keep them with the table.

Also, I echo the sentiments about the recliner chairs. we originally had a 26rls that you had to pick up the chair and flip it on to the couch. Then strap it down.

On the 831rlbss, you just have to turn on recliner sideways due to about an extra 1.5 feet in the back...

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #55
dap

we ordered our 2604 with the free standing table and chairs the strap goes around the chair legs. Behind the couch were straps I think to tie the chair onto the couch.Only one chair has to be moved for the slide to retract.
We removed the table and chairs,slid the couch down toward the tv,put one recliner where the couch was and the second recliner at the edge of the carpet when the slideout is retracted.We swapped the recliners that were in our old trailer with the rockers in the new trailer. Never had the recliners in our old trailer move once they sank into the carpet.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Thanks again
Hi again Viper764, (BTW - that screen name sounds like a call sign for a snake driver) Mine has the storm windows and heated tanks, but no power stabilizer jacks, otherwise my unit is identical. The chairs I referred to are the recliner/rockers from the rear of the unit. They need to be inverted and strapped on the sofa every time you want to move. They only weigh around 40-50 pounds each but it is an annoyance I think they could have eliminated through design. It won't be long until you see what I mean.

As for problems, the only issue we had was with the Concertone not playing or loading CDs or DVDs. I tried the radio during the PDI but I didn't have a DVD available. We spent a night across town at the state park to check things out as I suspect you will do. Anyway, we picked ours up on a Friday afternoon and did our PDI, I called RVW at 0800 on Saturday morning and they sent a tech to my campsite within about 30 minutes. The stereo unit was replaced and that's about it.

Other nuisance types of "problems" are faucets in the shower and outside that do not open/close in the direction you would expect. Basically, the hot water faucets turn clockwise instead of CCW to open. Also, You may want to get a flush kit installed (or at least buy one) to save some antifreeze, time and mess when you winterize when you get back home. Its nice to be able to draw directly from a jug as opposed to pouring several gallons into the water tank.

One last item I will mention is the location of the water filter. It is installed behind a removable partition in the forward left exterior storage area where it is not at all convenient to access. The filter itself is not installed when you pick it up, only the filter casing. You can use the water system w/o installing the actual filter, but keep in mind, the casing will need to be removed to properly drain water and prevent freezing as part of the winterizing process. Be sure to have a shallow pan and towels ready when you remove the casing or prepare to get wet!

OK - best of luck with your new unit. I'm getting cabin fever also and chomping at the bits waiting to get ours out for some use real soon. I was looking at some sites in Myrtle Beach this afternoon that we're going to try in early March.

PS - don't worry about the boys at RVW - they will treat you right!

Best of Luck!
RIRED56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags