Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #21

after you upload the photos, they will show in the "attach files" box, the 2nd box below the message window, .... my insert shows that, ... to see my insert/photo better click on it and it will enlarge,..... ok, if you count everything it will be the 4th box, but still it is labeled "attach files"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG 6.PNG
Views:	135
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	116497  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #22

everything is circled in the photo, when you see your photo links in that box, it is ready to submit,..............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	116500  

Old 08-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
DW sits under the tv and with a mirror in the foot of the MB, my wife can keep up with whats on tv, if there's something that really interest her she will go to the sofa to continue watching,...... I also ran an audio wire for headphones over to my side so that I can listen to the tv without disturbing her if she is sleeping or even during the day it prevents the tv volume from being a bother in the rest of the trailer, .... I've actually got an audio wire all the way to the sofa, with small speakers there we can still hear the tv without it having to be loud enough for the neighbors to hear,..... things like that is what I mean about tweaking our trailer and making it comfortable just for the two of us,.......

up-sized tv, 24 to 32", post #1 ------ http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...2-a-96861.html

you lost me..your wife sits under the tv? And what does she do with a mirror? I really cannot visualize this.

What I meant about one wanting to sleep when the other wants to sit on the sofa...how does that work out? When I want to sleep, I'll want to put the bed down, but maybe hubby wants to sit on the sofa. Has this been a problem? That's what he's worried about. We are not lay in bed tv watchers, never have been.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
you lost me..your wife sits under the tv? And what does she do with a mirror? I really cannot visualize this.
did you really read my post??,.......all I can say is try reading it again..... and did you click the link and see the photos of our table, new tv, and Murphy Bed (with a mirror in the foot end of the bed)???

[/QUOTE]What I meant about one wanting to sleep when the other wants to sit on the sofa...how does that work out? When I want to sleep, I'll want to put the bed down, but maybe hubby wants to sit on the sofa. [/QUOTE]

if you have the Murphy Bed,...... he can't sit on the sofa if you have the bed down,....... and you can't lay on the bed if he is sitting on the sofa,.... its one or the other, but you can't have both at the same time,....... maybe yall will have to flip a coin to see who wins that one...............

Old 08-07-2016, 01:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
did you really read my post??,.......all I can say is try reading it again..... and did you click the link and see the photos of our table, new tv, and Murphy Bed (with a mirror in the foot end of the bed)???
What I meant about one wanting to sleep when the other wants to sit on the sofa...how does that work out? When I want to sleep, I'll want to put the bed down, but maybe hubby wants to sit on the sofa. [/QUOTE]

if you have the Murphy Bed,...... he can't sit on the sofa if you have the bed down,....... and you can't lay on the bed if he is sitting on the sofa,.... its one or the other, but you can't have both at the same time,....... maybe yall will have to flip a coin to see who wins that one...............[/QUOTE]

Yes, fella, I did read your post, in it's entirety. However, I did not know your link would depict your tv/mirror set up you described based on it's title. Sorry for that oversight.
Anyway, thank you for your response. I KNOW that we can't use the sofa with the bed down. I was wondering if it is something that has happened at all. You know, I'm sitting on the couch watching or reading and hubs wants to put the bed down or vice vers. I may be overthinking this, but That is my husband's worry. I think wasting the space with a sofa AND a couch to haul a 30' camper is just overkill for just the 2 of us.
And in my original post, I referenced the dinette comfort to watch tv on, but in error I was thinking of the unit we are interested in (2304DS), and not yours. Sorry again. I am so mixed up with my search for a camper, but I do like the murphy bed models. Thank you for your informative posts, it is definitely helping us, seeing that NO dealer has any to look at around us.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 08-07-2016, 07:22 AM   #26
Now Camping Year-Round!!

sitting at dinette to watch tv

Quote:
And in my original post, I referenced the dinette comfort to watch tv on, but in error I was thinking of the unit we are interested in (2304DS), and not yours. Sorry again. I am so mixed up with my search for a camper, but I do like the murphy bed models. Thank you for your informative posts, it is definitely helping us, seeing that NO dealer has any to look at around us.

We are looking at getting the same trailer as you the Ultra Lite 2304DS. I have been fortunate enough to find one to walk through a week and a half ago. That really clinched it for me. I was kind of worried about the slide under the awning being too large, but after seeing it, I can live with that.

About the dinette being comfortable enough to sit and watch tv if the other one wants to put down the bed to sleep, well I guess that depends on how long you plan on sitting there IMHO. I found the dinette to be way more comfortable that the current dinette we have in our Rockwood Roo. No comparison. However, that said, I have considered finding a Mini Lite 2502KS to look at as it has a smaller 44" dinette, sofa, and a bed that is not a murphy so it is always down. You then get all three no compromises except you lose the openness or roominess of the 2304DS. But with the 2502KS you get a small bathroom with a small shower just like the bathroom in our Roo. We had to buy an extend a shower folding shower rod which greatly helped increase the shower size.

Love the floor plan of the 2304DS itself. So roomy inside and no problem accessing everything while travelling. Only caveat would be during travelling if we needed to sleep overnight in it but were unable to open the slides, we'd have to sleep on the folded down dinette. We don't boondock like that very often so again I can live with that. But stopping for lunch on the way somewhere, no problem at all accessing the washroom, fridge and stove.

Beds in the Mini Lites like the 2502KS are something we would definitely want to buy something like memory foam to help make it more comfortable. The upgraded Serta mattress in the Ultra Lites as in the 2304DS seem to be better. Only time will tell if memory foam is required on those.

Anyway, the best idea I can offer you sewingcybermom, is to watch YouTube videos of the Rockwood 2304DS. They may provide you with a virtual walk-through that is not as good as a real one, but better than nothing!

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #27

Mod pics

I have tried numerous times to upload photos. Just can't get the hang of it
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Thanks, Picnic for your post. We looked at that model, along with a few more murphy bed TT's. It was between yours and the 2304DS or the Flagstaff twin 23fbds. I am in love with this trailer and can't wait to order one! We do have to sell our HTT first though. We cannot for the life of us find any in stock anywhere to look at. It just so happened that a dealer we visited just got one in that somone ordered so they let us look at it. Man is it huge inside with the double slides! We are spoiled with our 23ikss Hybrid Roo with double slides, so it's hard not having that space. The bathroom is much better also.

I do have a question for you though. What do you do if one of you want to go to bed and the other wants to sit on the couch and watch a little TV or read? This is my husbands only concern. How comfortable is the U dinette to sit and watch tv on? And if you have tried to sleep on it, how is it? Also, how effecient are the reading lights (if there are any) over/near the bed. We use our a lot that are over out sofa in our HTT.

Thanks, I really enjoyed your post! I'm chomping at the bit to find one of these to look at, so I can choose interior colors! What did you get? Maple or the darker wood?
Occasionally he does go to bed a bit earlier but I sit on the far side of the dinette and look up at the TV if i want--often am more involved on laptop/ipad or reading. In the 2304KS the dinette is across from the kitchen--in front of the tv. No, have never slept on it, have never lowered the table down--our dog usually sleeps under the table on her bed. Don't have reading lights in ours though we've talked about adding them, more for looks, because we both read with Kindles so don't need light to read at night. Ours is not the maple though we have seen it--not sure of wood but it is darker. We recovered our dinette backs to lighten it up, added a good sized light rug in front of sofa, throw pillows (in dinette too which makes it nice to lounge back on them to read while I stream music--really like the BT capabilities of the audio system) and a print behind sofa that stays on the bed when it comes down.

Hope you find yours.

Diane
Picnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Sounds like you have really been busy making it YOURS. Good job!
I'd love to see some pics of your drawer mods..especially the one near the cooktop!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 09-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #30

I tried posting pictures without success. Even tried following directions someone sent.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:23 AM   #31
Site Team

Are you using a computer or smart device to view the site? Directions on how to post photos can differ from one device to another.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #32

iPad mini
Old 09-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #33
Site Team

Can you tell if the photo were uploaded? Sometimes I will hit the upload for video instead of the upload button on the right.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #34

When we were looking for our TT it was with the knowledge that it was now just the DW and I 99% of the time. At 22 and 19 our boys don't always want to hang with us these days

That said, one of my DW's MAJOR wants was a unit that "she didn't run into me all the time". After 28 years she has decided bumping into me all the time is not always fun any more. As soon as we walked into the 2703WS and saw those opposing slides we were sold. It's probably not considered small but it's not large either. It is considered a couples unit but it has a sleep sofa and dinette incase the boys want to come along.

When all the slides are in you can (and we have) access the bathroom and the bedroom. The fridge is trickier but doable with the slides in.

My DW absolutely LOVES this trailer and I am a firm subscriber to that axiom that if "Momma's happy everyone is happy"!

I can't seem to get her to help with the dump stations..................

Marty

Tags