Old 06-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
Question Last question for today, I promise...

On the slide ot of my 2006 2701SS, when I lean over and look at the floor behind the couch I can see light between the floor and the wall of the slide out. I'm sure this is not correct, but wonder if anyone has seen this and how they fixed it?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions!

masonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Most likely the slide needs adjustment.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Is that something I can do myself, or do I need to have it done by a dealer?
masonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Grape Escape
Had same thing with my 2607 which has same slide unit. I just got underneath and caulked opening with black silicon caulk. Just keep an eye on it to see if it gets any larger. You can also remove outer vinyl insert in trim piece on outer slide wall and try tightening all the screws which will lessen gap.
2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
We just bought a 2010 Rockwood 2701SS and have the same issue. I asked the person from the dealer who did our walk-through and he said that has been typical of all the Rockwood slides that he has been involved with. I haven't investigated it further (since we just bought it yesterday!), but I may go the route of caulking it as well. I plan to look closer at it this weekend when we take it out the first time.
2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
2010 Rockwood 2701SS
Killman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Just got a 8314BSS two months ago and notice the daylight under out Bedroom slide. This slide had a foam seal under the slide when I picked it up with promptly came unglued to the area under the slide. I am not sure if the slide rubbed it off or it it never adhered correctly. I took a peek at the same model on the lot and saw it was attached inside the slide opening so that it would fill in some of the 2 plus inch gap under the slide. Our unit was at the dealer for another warranty item so I asked them to replace the seal. They attached on the outside face of the TT so that it will only seal when the slide is closed. The seal is made of black foam with an adhesive strip on one side. Does anyone have a similar unit with this problem? I only see the this type of seal on the bedroom slide which is much smaller that the rear slide.

GingersDad is offline   Reply With Quote