Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #11

It is truly scary how much your situation sounds like mine. My brown spots are on the corner nearest the toilet and on the toilet. Last weekend it started leaking out of the barthroom fan too.

Great info. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #12

Set up camp last evening for the first time since I joined this forum. It gave me an opportunity to give the inside a thorough going-over. Unfortunately, I found what appears to be delaminating caused by water damage in the wall just back of the rear slide on my 8313ss. This would make sense as it is near the sight of the leaking skylight that started this thread. I plan to get it to the dealer soon to hopefully get it taken care of before it gets any worse. I probably would not have discovered this if not for all of the reports of the same issue being posted on this forum.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #13

I spoke to the warranty department at FR today and they told me they have no problem repairing my damage under warranty. I sent them a bunch of pictures, the agent reviewed them while on the phone with me, and said it is clear that they will cover it. I am scheduled to take it to the dealer the week of 7/12 and they are going to work on it the week of 7/26. Hopefully I will have it back in August sometime. This chews up too much of camping season, but I can live with it.

By the way, as others have mentioned in other threads, you need to go through your dealer first on issues like this, but don't get discouraged if your dealer says that FR won't cover it. In my case 3 people at the dealer said FR never covers this type of damage. I persisted, sent in the pictures, and got the result that I was hoping for.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #14

My unit has been in the FR factory for delam repairs since Monday this week. So far I have not been able to get a status update from the dealer or the factory. For anyone who has had their siding repaired at the FR factory, how long did it take them to finish once it went into the shop for repair?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
My unit has been in the FR factory for delam repairs since Monday this week. So far I have not been able to get a status update from the dealer or the factory. For anyone who has had their siding repaired at the FR factory, how long did it take them to finish once it went into the shop for repair?
I just boaught my 8285WS 5th and take a look at my bathroom skylight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skylight.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	3059  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I just boaught my 8285WS 5th and take a look at my bathroom skylight.
That's even worse than mine looked!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #17

trailer has been repaired

I received word yesterday that my trailer was finished on Monday of this week. According to the documents supplied to me, they replaced the siding on both sides, walls, and roof. No mention of front and rear cap, but neither had any damage anyway. I am supposed to have the unit back in 2 weeks.

Beginning to end, my unit will have been gone for 7 weeks. It's rough not having it available for camping trips, but the repairs were completed under warranty at absolutely no charge to me other than my gas. Can't complain.

I'll post some before and after pics when I get it back.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #18

Well, on Wednesday I received an email saying my unit would be back to the dealer in two weeks, then delivered near my house in an additional week. On Thursday I received an email saying it was already delivered just up the road. That was a quick "two weeks". Picking it up today, just as we are heading to Maine for a non-camping vacation.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #19

We too have a 8313SS with the same continuous problem. Had the end cap patched which failed, then had the end cap replaced. To this day it is still leaking. Another bubble on the end cap and now one on the back side. We have been back and forth with forest river warranty as ours is expired. Have taken pictures and sent to them. Hopefully we will get good news soon. And as I told FR there is no way that when the end cap was replaced that the dealer couldnt tell the roof had been leaking.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2lsu2 View Post
We too have a 8313SS with the same continuous problem. Had the end cap patched which failed, then had the end cap replaced. To this day it is still leaking. Another bubble on the end cap and now one on the back side. We have been back and forth with forest river warranty as ours is expired. Have taken pictures and sent to them. Hopefully we will get good news soon. And as I told FR there is no way that when the end cap was replaced that the dealer couldnt tell the roof had been leaking.
Keep at it, be persistant and firm, but cordial. Don't take no for an answer.

Best of luck to you.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood