Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2lsu2 View Post
We too have a 8313SS with the same continuous problem. Had the end cap patched which failed, then had the end cap replaced. To this day it is still leaking. Another bubble on the end cap and now one on the back side. We have been back and forth with forest river warranty as ours is expired. Have taken pictures and sent to them. Hopefully we will get good news soon. And as I told FR there is no way that when the end cap was replaced that the dealer couldnt tell the roof had been leaking.
My sky light and fan look exactly as shown in your pictures. On mine, the rear cap had no bubbles or other damage that could be found. My bubbles were on the drivers side behind the slide. FR repaired mine under warranty and I got it back on 8/13.

I agree with other posts that you should be persistant in trying to get FR to repair it right. In my case I didn't have to twist any arms, but my understanding is that FR knows they had a big problem on these and they have been working to make it right.

Best of luck!
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #22

unit is back home, but there is a problem

I received my unit back from delam repairs on 8/13/10. I immediately left on vacation, and that explains the delay in posting this update. The siding and wall repairs look great. I haven't been able to inspect the roof yet, and I haven't been able to inspect all of the seams, etc. The only bad thing is the front and rear caps are original, and not nearly as white as the new stuff. Hopefully after a year or so all will blend together.

But, there is a problem...when I picked up my unit, the first thing I noticed was a brand new LCI tongue jack leveler (wired backwards), and new tongue jack and landing pad. I also noticed that all of the wiring in the front had been replaced and the hold-down catch on my battery box was broken off. So far all I can get from the dealer and FR is that the leveler was "inoperable upon arrival" at the factory. The factory said they replaced it as "good will", which I certainly appreciate. But, if they had no part in damaging it, why would they replace it? It seems to me they are trying to cover something up, and that is what has me concerned. If they tell me that the driver failed to retract the jack and damaged it, or something like that, then I can accept their answer.

I am going to pursue an answer, but for the most part I consider this closed. If anything of note occurs I may post an update.

I was not inclined to pursue this repair until I read posts on this forum back in April. For my wife and I this forum has made a big difference.

Ray
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #23

We had the same problem with the skylight in the shower, finally used the Eternabond tape to seal the skylight and no more problems over the last two years. I have been told that the caulking will not keep a good seal with the material that the skylights are made of.

Norm

Capn Courage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood