Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1

Leaking Window

Leaking window on our "new" TT.....

Our trailer was in storage near Oceana (Va Beach) this past week (Winds coming off ocean probably reached 50-60mph from Sandy) and we had some water on the counter in the front section of the trailer; picture with 3 circles (circle 1 - Counter), Circles 2 & 3 is where the couch cushions were soaked near the counter. We've dried them out (dryer) and dried the cushions inside the covers.

My question is: Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've called the dealer, they want me to bring the trailer over so they can inspect and determine what needs to be fixed. We're currently on a trip, but will take some more pics and try and determine what caused this.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this and what they did to fix/repair.

dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Can you re-post the pictures...not showing.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #3

Dave let me know if the pics are showing up? I had closed my photobucket before I saved them to my folder.... not sure if that had anything to do with it.... or not....
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #4

I see them, hope the leaks are as fast & easy to fix.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, the pictures are showing now.

As they're front windows, have you ever have any leakage in that area after towing in rain?

You could try the water hose on the windows and see if the leak can be repeated and perhaps see where the water is entering.

Dave

Edit: Are the windows fixed pane or do they open?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #6

The windows do not open, only the covers open........ I've taken some other pics from inside and out....

I'm wondering if that seal is suppose to go all the way around.... this is only our third outing with this TT.... no issues with leaks before, or course this is new to us.... I'm thinking the wind from "Sandy" blew water up where the seal is missing and somehow into the window.... Dealer told me there were some small opening at the bottom of the window to allow water from condensation to drain out..... maybe that's how the water made it's way onto the counter.... the wind blew for 3 days in Va Beach.....

Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfskinner View Post
Leaking window on our "new" TT.....

Our trailer was in storage near Oceana (Va Beach) this past week (Winds coming off ocean probably reached 50-60mph from Sandy) and we had some water on the counter in the front section of the trailer; picture with 3 circles (circle 1 - Counter), Circles 2 & 3 is where the couch cushions were soaked near the counter. We've dried them out (dryer) and dried the cushions inside the covers.

My question is: Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've called the dealer, they want me to bring the trailer over so they can inspect and determine what needs to be fixed. We're currently on a trip, but will take some more pics and try and determine what caused this.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this and what they did to fix/repair.

Just for insurance, I'd check the roof for seam leaks, water in three areas like that could easily come from above one spot and spider down to the window frames. Just thinkin. The hose test is very useful in situ's like this. Train a nozzle with low pressure to any possible entry point, lap vent, running light etc with someone inside to catch any ingress before too much is applied. Use the same method on window to coach joint and window to gasket joints.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #8

VinceU thanks so much....... we're heading home on Monday and I'm planning to vote on Tuesday then spend the rest of the day check on this leak.... if it's there I'll find it..... thanks for any and all advice...
Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Good point VinceU...there's not too much chance of a leak on a fixed pane window other than poor caulking of the window frame to a front wall.

Hopefully the dealer is close by. Some service centers have Sealtech equipment where they pressurize the interior of the camper and check for leaks outside with soap solution.

Dave