Old 07-17-2016, 06:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Why not install a digital programmable thermostat and have the AC come on a few hours before you arrive, instead of running all week wasting energy? (Especially if you're paying for it.)
Electric is included with the site fee, I pay if I use it or not. I set it for 76 so I don't have to cool it down to far. They say they might meter my steet next season so I would leave it off at that point until we get there.

crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #22

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I think I may retract if it will be a week or more and leave open if less.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
We leave our slides out from April 15th to Oct 15th. Never had any problems.
Same here. That seems to be what most others seasonal campers do as well.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell123 View Post
We put our Rockwood 2604 on a lot by the river. It stays there for the summer and we use it on the weekends. My question is, should we put the slide in when leaving for the week? We will generally be back the next weekend or sometimes 2 weeks.

My thinking is leaving it out is less wear and tear, but it also exposes it to more weather.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Slide toppers?

If so out other wise in, it will jeep the junk off the top of the slide.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #25

Another thought

Everyone posted suggestions and for good reasons, without looking through all the threads I felt compelled to add another thought, we stay in AK all summer and once set up the slides stay out, but I do put jack supports on the tracks/rails or use a 4" x 4" on top of the support to brace up against the floor.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkerl View Post
Everyone posted suggestions and for good reasons, without looking through all the threads I felt compelled to add another thought, we stay in AK all summer and once set up the slides stay out, but I do put jack supports on the tracks/rails or use a 4" x 4" on top of the support to brace up against the floor.
I hope you don't put jack supports under your slides? If you do all I can say is you are lucky no DAMAGE YET. But that's just my OPINION and 90 % of others... Maybe Concrete pad but still no IMO
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #27

Slides

Sea dog has my vote. Put them away
Old 07-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkerl View Post
That's a really bad idea and certainly not recommended.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #29

My slide stays out from may 15 till about Sept 15, I also use slide jacks under it to help support it. My thoughts on it are that without the supports there is a pivot point created that may bend where the slide and the trailer meet. The supports are just there to hold up the slide to prevent that flex from occurring.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #30

Witch Dr, curious about your reply to my suggestion, I have a Forest River Cardinal that has exposed slide rails on the big slide. I have RV slide supports I put on the exposed metal rails, not on the "gears" or I use a 4' x 4" on the top of the jack to spread the weight across a bigger area. I hand tighten the jacks and this adds good support on the slide. Why do you think there could be damage? Curious.. I am missing something, always willing to learn.

Tags
slide