Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #1

LED Light problem?? WOW!!!

What is going on with LED ceiling lights??? We have a 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8327ss. Still ANOTHER LED light has gone out (6 total).
It is the 4.5" ceiling light. I have been getting replacements from FR so far, but not so willingly. I assume that a light FIXTURE is part of warranty?????
Have had electrical check and things were fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1273.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	103757  
fkwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
A lot of the LED bulbs/fixtures on the market are very poorly/cheaply made, and you can bet Forest River is sourcing the cheapest of the cheap. I would find a quality fixture/bulb without Forest Rivers "help" and get back to camping.

These guys are widely considered to be the best available... http://www.m4products.com/ They were too pricey for me though, so after a LOT of research to find the right seller/product, I ordered direct from China via ebay.

The above response assumes you have properly verified that the LED bulbs/fixtures themselves are bad and that there are not bad electrical connections elsewhere in the circuit.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Look on fixture for made in ?.....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light