Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Leveling question

All.

For the first weekend, I felt I got the TT pretty level, but found that the slide will change the set up when extended. I used a level on the floor by the reefer and on the counter top. I was to close to use another set of leggo blocks without changing the list to the other side. What do you use for those micro adjustments to tweak it in? Thanks,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
All.

For the first weekend, I felt I got the TT pretty level, but found that the slide will change the set up when extended. I used a level on the floor by the reefer and on the counter top. I was to close to use another set of leggo blocks without changing the list to the other side. What do you use for those micro adjustments to tweak it in? Thanks,
Hi and welcome.
I use a level on the outside of the trailer for both side to side and front to back levels when itially parking.

After that I use a 6" level and place inside the refrigerator bottom shelf.
This appliance is always level and a good reference with the rest of the trailer. You may have to trweak the front to back using the rear stabilizer jack but you can't be exactly perfect. If the bubble is within the center marks 90% you are fine. Unless you want to be perfect and spend a few more minutes trying.

Good luck and
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

John,

Pretty much what I did except i do not have the levels in the outside. The reefer worked well the entire time it was running, so it most have been within tolerance.

I see all the warnings on the TT about the stabilizer jackets. I do not want to over tighten and cause damage. I just bring them to the ground and give a slight turn to add pressure. Is this right? Is there a good thumb rule to use?

Thanks,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

I always leave ours slightly unlevel with slide side low, that way rain will drip away from the trailer body and not try to get in through the slide seals

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood