Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Lift kit for 2012 8289

Because my pickup sits high in the pin area and the back axle on the trailer is carrying more than it's share of the load, I set out to buy a Dexter Lift Kit. The problem I ran into was that with the #10 kit, the hole spacing was 8" compared with my hole spacing of 6-1/4". In checking the numbered 9, 10, 11 and 12 kits, none match up with what I need. I can't imagine I'm the first one to experience this problem but haven't found any other threads related.
__________________

robertew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mstell2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 149
You probably don't have Dexter axles. Mine doesn't, had to call forest river to buy the lift kit.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

mstell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstell2 View Post
You probably don't have Dexter axles. Mine doesn't, had to call forest river to buy the lift kit.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
You are correct. It has AL-KO axles. It's been more work adapting the Dexter kit that it would have been to have made the kit from scratch. I had read many threads where the Dexter kit was referenced so didn't have a thought but what it would work. In retrospect, if I'd checked out the hole spacing and bolt diameter, I'd have known.

Thanks for the response.
robertew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mstell2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 149
The kit for alko is same price


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
mstell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 9,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertew View Post
Because my pickup sits high in the pin area and the back axle on the trailer is carrying more than it's share of the load, I set out to buy a Dexter Lift Kit. The problem I ran into was that with the #10 kit, the hole spacing was 8" compared with my hole spacing of 6-1/4". In checking the numbered 9, 10, 11 and 12 kits, none match up with what I need. I can't imagine I'm the first one to experience this problem but haven't found any other threads related.
What is your TV?
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jack350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 161
I raised my 5th wheel two inches with the Correct Track kit. This also allows for axle adjustments if needed for alignment. I have dexter axles but this kit could work for your axles. I am very happy with the results and quality of this kit.
__________________
2017 Open Range RES 347, 2017 F-350 4X4 LWB 6.7.
Hayes Autoformer, Moryde SRE 4000, Andersen Aluminum hitch.

Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
Member
 
frozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack350 View Post
I raised my 5th wheel two inches with the Correct Track kit. This also allows for axle adjustments if needed for alignment. I have dexter axles but this kit could work for your axles. I am very happy with the results and quality of this kit.
Rockwood uses torsion suspension. Correct Track is for leaf springs, right?
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #8
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Lower tv
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
gljurczyk I don't know what "TV" that you ask, stands for.
robertew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jack350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 161
Correct track is for leaf spring only. Did not know you had torsion suspension.
__________________

__________________
2017 Open Range RES 347, 2017 F-350 4X4 LWB 6.7.
Hayes Autoformer, Moryde SRE 4000, Andersen Aluminum hitch.

Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.