Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #1

Light Switch question on 2604 Rockwood

I picked up our new 2010 Rockwood 2604 a week ago and brought it home to "load up" for camping. While loading the camper I noticed that there was no "main light switch" mounted in the camper. I have to go from light to light to turn them on or off. You would have thought that Forest River would install a "light switch close to the front door, that way when you walked in you could turn on your lights and not have to go each individual light to turn on/off.

Is a "central light switch" easy to install?

Am I the only one that does not like this "oversite"?
bwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Grape Escape

I agree there should be one. Not sure why they don't install a switchable light at the entry.
We do have a few in our 5th wheel but did not on the 2607
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #3

We have a light over the kitchen sink, as we come in the door it can be turned on at the light it self or by the wall switch on the wall and the same go's for the two lights in the bathroom. It seems odd that there is no switch to operate any lights. One thing you can do is to turn on all of the lights then go around and start operating switchs to see if any of the lights go out. I understand how you fell, we have a light directly over our bed and no light switch, we have to climb on the bed to turn it off, they could have installed a $2.00 switch and charged me $5.00 more and I would have paid it.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
Site Team

They do that to make it easy on them. It won't be easy to wire them all to a common switch because they run the circuit straight from the converter down the ceiling and drop each light off of it. You'd have to tie the switch wires in at the converter and route them to a convenient location. The biggest drawback is that you'd then always have to go back to the main switch to turn them off otherwise you'd have to turn them of and back on at each fixture just like you do now. I could see where it would be of benefit when first coming into or leaving the RV but during normal usage it wouldn't be much good. IMHO of course.

Tags
2604, rockwood