Old 03-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #1

Line-X front/cap of Mini Lite

Has anyone seen or had their own Mini Lite front Line-X or other like product to prevent rock damage?

We have a fair share of gravel and forestry road camping that we do and I want to protect our new trailer as best possible. I know some people would scoff at the idea of using a product like Line-X on the front or any part of their trailer but ours will not be a pavement princess.

One of the trailers we looked at prior to purchasing the Mini Lite was a Palomino Solaire with a protection package that included Line-X on the front cap. I attached a photo for reference. It looked very well done in person.

I am thinking of doing something similar to our 2109S but either color matching or going with black then also coating the hitch/tongue at the same time.

Products like 3M film do not stop rock damage on fibreglass surfaces for long. Rock Tamers on the truck are an easy addition to the already large flaps I run but again I just want to ensure I protect the trailer as we intend on keeping it for a long time as it more than suits our needs. Trying to decide on what area to apply LineX to somehow compliment the square front of the MiniLite is another dilemma.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sol.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	102184   Click image for larger version

Name:	main.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	102185  

Old 03-18-2016, 07:44 AM   #2

What about putting it on just the bottom portion where the "diamond plate" is? That would give a clean line to cut off the edges.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax

Old 03-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #3

If mine get chipped and dinged worse than it is I plan on having it coated. Either with Line-X or Rhino bed liner coating.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
What about putting it on just the bottom portion where the "diamond plate" is? That would give a clean line to cut off the edges.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
I thought about just going to the "bend" above the checker plate but rock chips will happen above that.

Where we do most of our dry camping I have seen numerous new trailers damaged by the gravel roads and some of the rock chips go right to the top.

I believe if I go with the LineX I am going to go close matched as close as possible. I cannot see black looking balanced on the front.

thanks
Old 03-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #5

We just got our 2109s a few months ago, at funtown. Looks like that may be were yours is at. We have found that the trailer is very close to the TV. With mud flaps I would think that might limit most normal rock damage.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Individual rear wheel mud flaps that DO NOT DRAG the ground will help prevent damage also.