Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #1

Location of tank level switch

I just purchased a 2008 8240ss Rockwood 5th wheel. The tank level panel/water pump switch has no power to it. The fuses and circuit breakers are all fine. The owner's manual says that "Some models have a switch located in the bathroom". Since I've had other things that weren't located where the owner's manual said they would be, and I can't find it any where in the bathroom, I'm going to assume it's some where else totally not related. Anyone have any ideas where they could have hidden the switch? I've been all over the bathroom and the rest of the trailer. I'm just not seeing it any where. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kate
Kate J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #2

I don't have your model but the tech at the dealer told me during the walk-a-bout that there are 2 GCI receptacles in our unit and if we don't have power somewhere to start with them. One is in the galley and one in the head.

'13 Windjammer 3025W
'14 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins
No dogs. No Cats. No kids. Just us.
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Site Team

the switch she's talking about is 12vDC and has nothing to do with the 110vAC GFI outlets.

the manual is generic, so don't go by what it says.

you're going to have to trace the wires, looking for a bad connection or break.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #4

Amen on the manual being very generic. I also have the ceiling fan in there. They put an external switch on that also. Found it up under a cabinet in the kitchen. The fan is in the living room area. Couldn't figure out for a week why the fan wouldn't come on. Now I'm trying to find that external switch that's for the tank level panel. Until I find it, I also don't have a water pump. It's definately not in the bathroom like the manual says it is. Hunting down wires in this trailer isn't much of an option. It's got a sealed underfloor.
Kate J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, tank