Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Susan View Post
Nice job. I wouldn't have thought about contaminated water but there are sick people out there. I love the mods with pictures. It really helps to see the step by step. Thanks.
thanks and your welcome

I did it cause I live in a Condo and am on the Board and we have a few non payers so I have had to get the lawyer on them to get their attention that we mean business.

Am afraid one of them might relatiate with something unkown in my fresh water - by far the best Mod I have done for the piece of mind.

Glad the pictures help as well
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #22

Did you think about locking lug nuts for the wheels? Or a locking battery box? Coupler lock? Some angry people can think up a lot of things to ruin your camping trip. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Did you think about locking lug nuts for the wheels? Or a locking battery box? Coupler lock? Some angry people can think up a lot of things to ruin your camping trip. Randy
I have the locking coupler.

I did put a locking mechanism on the spare tire but not on the regular tires

- guess I should look into Gorilla Locks - know what thread size it is I need?

Locking battery box? Didnt even know there was one out there - got a link to one?

I remember there was a device to lock the propane tanks but havent seen one - any good ideas on making them permanent enough so they dont get snatch or should I just get a cable and lock them thru the bottom to the frame?

BTW thanks for the reminder's
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #24

Did this to three of our campers. The neighbor across these said he seen the young kids next door playing around our first pop-up. Didn't think much about it at the time, but later after a camping trip, the water tank wouldn't drain. After some investigation found out that there was a lot of stones in the water tank and had blocked the drain. Ended up pulling the tank to get all of the stones out, wasn't that bad, only had a fifteen gallon tank that was under the seat. Ended up installing a locking filler so I wouldn't have to pull the tank again. Did the same to the next two travel trailers for cheap insurance.

Tags