First I must thank Sid for letting us know about this issue.
Today I decided to take care of adjusting the spaces on my 8285WS Rockwood 5th wheel.
Socket wrench with sockets
Socket wrench breaker bar
2 small car jacks
I had a lot more stuff at the trailer storage yard just in case but bever needed it.
I started on the rear axle being it was easiest to get to.
I started out by loosening all 4 bolts on the rear axle. ( 2 at each axle end)
I was very surprised that some bolts were easily loosened and no way at manuf. specs. Others seemed a bit hard to loosen.
The axles didn't move at all after looseneng the 4 bolts. I just slightly loosened bolts.
I then placed the 2 small car jacks under each side of the axle and raised the axle until both sides had no gaps. Not much work to raise axles at all. I placed tghe jack at the center of the flate plate that the bolts attached to.
I then tightened the bolts the specs, lowered jacks, inspected and moved on to the other axle.
Adjusting both axles took me about 1 hour and worked slow so I would not make any mistakes.
In the future if I see these plates move again I may add lock wasjers or possible add additional bolts and nuts as discribed in a previous message here.
Any questions just ask.
P.S. I;m glad I checked the axles before my RT 2,600 mile journey to Branson.