Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #21
KnP

Thanks, going to do that. I am no fond of the idea of that filter location. Even during service, you need to place some on the bottom because you end up with water or antifreeze all over it. Would be nicer if the filter was outside on its own housing to prevent freezing.

Anyway, for the OP, if I am not mistaken, is an optional feature. I got it because I knew no better and thought was a good idea.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #22

In everything I've seen, it's an option that comes pre-checked. Like the smoke detectors and heated mattress.

Good to hear the (mostly) good opinions/reviews/thoughts on this TT. We're wanting to get one, but probably holding off a year unless a stellar deal on a used one pops up somewhere on our half of the country. We have a free loaner, all but about 8 weeks in jan/feb/march. Regardless, we're pretty set on this model, despite having not been in one yet. =) Convinced it'll be nearly perfect.

Of course, I said I'd get a tractor "in a couple of years" and promptly found one later that same day on C.L. that I ended up getting. oops. We had it paid off within those "couple years" though. =)
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #23

Do any of the windows open in this camper?
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
Thanks!
Yes all but the bathroom
Toddupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
Yes all but the bathroom
Ha, that one is needed bad!
Thanks for the quick reply. Looking at the pictures, I started to wonder (and freak out).
Old 09-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #26

The front window of our 2306 dies not open...nor does the bathroom, but all of the rest are the edgeless windows which crank out from the bottom...I really like them and they look great!
maccve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:55 PM   #27
KnP

Quote:
Thanks!
They prop open; no bathroom though.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #28

Take with a few grains of salt...

I've posted this info on another thread, but you asked.....
While talking to a small local dealer who has been in business for 40 years, I asked about the tank heaters. Store owner pulled out pictures of his unit from last winter. Said he took his out in January for a 4 day outing. Said over night temps were in the mid teens and low 20's. Claimed the heaters kept everything warm enough. Picture that was obviously in a camp ground showed several inches of snow on the ground. Claimed campground was in the central lower peninsula of Michigan.
Dealer said the heaters are supposed to handle temps down to 10 degrees F. YMMV
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #29

Well, we ended up finding one for a good deal (closeout) about 6 hours from home. Got it Saturday. It doesn't have the tank heaters, but seems to have many/most other options. Surprised me how high off the ground it is. I have a 2500HD which has a pretty high hitch, and I used a straight hitch. It's a light, easy-pulling camper though. My dad was impressed with the build quality, versus his 20+ year old Sunline. Been too busy to even get any photos up, but I'll attempt to do so.

Thanks for the responses. It helped us be sure this is what we wanted.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #30

I'd be interested in knowing where people store things in these campers.. Coming from one that has 3 drawers in the kitchen (silverware, large utensils, junk). This one has ONE MASSIVE drawer.

What do folks use for bunk sheets? Assuming twin and just have some extra width.
Does everyone use camper queen sheets, or normal queen sheets?
How do you SECURE THE TABLE? I sure don't want to put it down/lift it up every time we stop, but it wanders around the floor. What happened to the tables that attach to the wall, anyway?

I didn't get any pics myself yet, but.......
Camper by aeblank | Photobucket
Old 09-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #31

Quote:
I'd be interested in knowing where people store things in these campers.. Coming from one that has 3 drawers in the kitchen (silverware, large utensils, junk). This one has ONE MASSIVE drawer.

What do folks use for bunk sheets? Assuming twin and just have some extra width.
How do you SECURE THE TABLE? I sure don't want to put it down/lift it up every time we stop, but it wanders around the floor. What happened to the tables that attach to the wall, anyway?

For the table, you might to try what this guy did. I'm thinking of doing it, but haven't gotten around to it:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ap-112933.html

Only works for a U-dinette, though, as designed.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #32

Not a bad idea. If there's a rail there on mine like that, I may just screw a velcro strap to it and see how that holds up. we won't be moving it much.

I guess I could make a "shoe" or a "sled" and attach the feet to it. Then size it to be tight between the benches, stopping it from swinging forward/backward.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2016, 05:14 PM   #33

Looking @ 2306

We use regular queen sheets and really tuck them in on the edges

As for the bunks we are using twin sheets and almost double wrapping the bunk.

We have a 2012 model year and we have a small drawer under the sink which is for utensils. This drawer really seems to change from year to year.

We also move the table up and down with every trip. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it. My wife does it 95% of the time.

2012 Ford F-150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2012 Micro Lite 23lb

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #34
KnP

Quote:

The table has velcro on the edges, it works. Just fold the legs and drop it in between the boths, that is how you make an additional 6ft long bed.

We use normal sheets and the bunk beds are Twin Size; it works, you have to tuck them in.

Tags