Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #71
Pickin' & Campin'

Tires are a concern and like you, I purchased a TPMS and am going to try to get a few miles out of them on weekend jaunts but I know I'll need to replace them sooner than later.

The battery may be better than you think, or not!
The battery is installed by your selling dealer. Make sure he gives you a good brand name and you shouldn't have any problems with it.

Your tow vehicle 'should' recharge the battery as you drive down the road providing it's all wired correctly. If the battery is completely dead, understand it will take hours of travel to recharge the battery.

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #72
Pickin' & Campin'

Forgot to address your power question...
I don't use a cpap machine but have read here about others that use them successfully with a small inverter. Some have even mentioned battery powered ones.

I think you'll find while traveling or spending a quick overnight in a Wally World that you won't need as much 110v as you might first think. I would have no concerns spending one night using the pump, lights, furnace, etc. off a single battery as long as you use them in moderation.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #73

We have our trailer! I want to give a big kudos to Country Camping Corner in Kings Mountain, NC. They spent over 4 hours for my PDI, instructions on using the equipment, practice hitching and unhitching the trailer, and more. While going through the PDI, Greg our PDI host saw a piece of trim that was loose that we had not seen. He pointed it out to us, said he had missed it and immediately ordered a new one from the factory. Frankly I would have been happy if he had simply glued it down. They even spent time showing me how to de-winterize and re-winterize the unit. They had my HD50C surge protector installed and the monitor installed next to the fuse panel (no additional installation cost). My TST flow through TPMS was installed and the computer programmed. Everything was scrubbed and ready to go. Frankly they seemed genuinely excited for us with our first RV purchase. Fantastic Crew! They made it very clear that every trailer that goes out has some kink that comes up and they would be there to make it right.

I can't wait to get it out. Unfortunately we are going away for thanksgiving without our trailer so I have to wait a couple of weeks.

----------------------------
2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Appalachian Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #74

/Users/edallstun/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2015/11/25/20151125-022728/+fF5JvccRhagL3tVL33s4w/thumb_IMG_1094_1024.jpg[/IMG]

Thought I should post a picture.

2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Old 11-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #75
Pickin' & Campin'

Great news on the delivery. That's the way it should be.
Have fun and enjoy!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #76

Thanks 5picker. Can I assume you're a bluegrass fan? We are and hope to make a couple of festivals this next year. Any specific ones you would recommend?

I had no issues pulling it home but sure knew I didn't have the Diesel engine. When I purchased the truck it was for hauling cattle a couple of times a year. I would have spent the extra dollars for the diesel if I had known a 9000 lb toy was in my future.

2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Old 11-25-2015, 08:22 AM   #77

Have Fun.
kcjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #78

Be weary of the tires for sure. Ours blew before they were 8 months old! Don't purchase from Camping World or you will be sorry! We have delt with 3 different ones in different states and none of them have a clue when it comes to Trailers. We do love our 8289WS Diamond Package. We live in AZ and have yet to have to use the AC in the bedroom but we are glad we have it for that time when we will. We pull ours with F250 (short box). make sure they hook up the sidewinder feature it is GREAT!!! Good Luck and hope you enjoy
Old 11-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Ed View Post
We have our trailer! I want to give a big kudos to Country Camping Corner in Kings Mountain, NC. They spent over 4 hours for my PDI, instructions on using the equipment, practice hitching and unhitching the trailer, and more. While going through the PDI, Greg our PDI host saw a piece of trim that was loose that we had not seen. He pointed it out to us, said he had missed it and immediately ordered a new one from the factory. Frankly I would have been happy if he had simply glued it down. They even spent time showing me how to de-winterize and re-winterize the unit. They had my HD50C surge protector installed and the monitor installed next to the fuse panel (no additional installation cost). My TST flow through TPMS was installed and the computer programmed. Everything was scrubbed and ready to go. Frankly they seemed genuinely excited for us with our first RV purchase. Fantastic Crew! They made it very clear that every trailer that goes out has some kink that comes up and they would be there to make it right.

I can't wait to get it out. Unfortunately we are going away for thanksgiving without our trailer so I have to wait a couple of weeks.
I'm glad that all went well for you. You picked a good trailer, very comfortable. Your gasser will be okay, I really wouldn't worry about that, Just take your time climbing mts. and going down, let people blow there damn horns. Hope you start to enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours, SAFE TRAVELS...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #80
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Ed View Post
Thanks 5picker. Can I assume you're a bluegrass fan? We are and hope to make a couple of festivals this next year. Any specific ones you would recommend?

I had no issues pulling it home but sure knew I didn't have the Diesel engine. When I purchased the truck it was for hauling cattle a couple of times a year. I would have spent the extra dollars for the diesel if I had known a 9000 lb toy was in my future.
I am a big bluegrass fan. Been playing the 5-string banjo for years. I've been in several bands, recorded a bunch of CD's and currently play about 40-50 dates a year semiprofessionally. My wife, my family and I also promote a bluegrass festival of our own. This will be our 13th annual. Always the fourth weekend in July. Check it out at CSBF. Bring your camper and spend the weekend with us!