Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #21

We use a homemade table that folds in half and measures 2' x 3' when set up to put our grill on. I converted the grill to use propane from the camper tanks using a quick connect and flexible gas hols. No more bothering t=with the little bottles.

I needed a gas needle valve to regulate the gas flow as well as the connections to hook it up but it is certainly better for us. The SS Smoke Hollow grill is perfect for our needs.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #22

We never used the grill that came with our 06 Flagstaff TT,,, we used a Little Smokey Joe on our land in the north,,, did not like the warning about cooking under the awning,,, and the only place to store it was under the bed !!!
I did not want to put dirty grill back under the bed !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #23

Sam's has a Very Nice little stainless grill for less than $100,,,
Wally World also !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #24
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

If you go the route of purchasing a replacement grill like the one it came with, the included rack converts to a free-standing unit by turning it over and putting the grill on top. Depending how long your propane hose is, that gives you the option to use it out and away from your rig and the awning.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwfahs View Post
I recently purchased a used Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S.
It has a rail mounted to the side that from what I can tell supports and gas grill and table. Does anyone know where this setup can be purchased, or has one that they would like to get rid of, please let me know.
So, @hwfahs, now that you've gotten all of this wonderful advice, what have you decided to do?
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #26
Grammar Pedant

90% of the responses focused on 50% of the question: the grill. And, most of those answered the "where can I get one?" question with an answer of, "Don't bother; get something else."

To answer where you can get one, aside from finding an individual who is getting rid of his, you can search the internet for RVQ and get various sources of rail-mounted grills.

The question that is more intriguing to me is the one about the table. I absolutely love the rail mounted table that came with our trailer. While I agree with some other sentiments about the utility of the grill, I simply love that little rail-mounted table. While I have seen other posts here and other places about how to buy the female rail as a DIY project, I don't believe I've ever seen a commercial offering for that type of table (though it's been years since I've searched).

Good luck.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #27

Hope you can find a table ... as you can see it is a critical addition to your camping experience

I do believe we have the grill unopened in the box if DH has not disposed of it so if you live or travel around Tampa it is all yours ... gas grill cooking is not something he will be seen doing in public (but he is a hell of a great cook with charcoal & smoker)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00207_edited-1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	182358  

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote