Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #1

Looking for TV advice

Just picked up a Roo 23SS and looking for advice on what size and type of TV is recco'd. There is a shelf spot by the outlets.
Thanks,
Dan
Dan-Roo23SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #2

what do you drive now? I think a F150 w/ factory towpackage would do the job of pulling a 23ft TT.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #3

I think in this case he is referring to TV - Television. You're better off using Television instead of TV, we have been conditioned here to think Tow Vehicle when we see TV. ;-)

General rule of adding a television - get the biggest and cheapest you can fit. Get some good measurements and head down to the local electronics store. I purchased Amazon's TCL brand - available in 24-40 inches. It's no frills but has been reliable and picture is decent. Didn't want anything too nice as I know it will be beaten up, and might even walk off..
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb View Post
I think in this case he is referring to TV - Television. You're better off using Television instead of TV, we have been conditioned here to think Tow Vehicle when we see TV. ;-)

General rule of adding a television - get the biggest and cheapest you can fit. Get some good measurements and head down to the local electronics store. I purchased Amazon's TCL brand - available in 24-40 inches. It's no frills but has been reliable and picture is decent. Didn't want anything too nice as I know it will be beaten up, and might even walk off..
OOPS, my mistake. he is referreing to an audio/video TV not a Gas/Diesel TV
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

Brian and Dan,
Sorry....that's the newbie in me. Was referring to a television. My TV is a 2011 Tundra Dbl Cab, TRD SR5, 5.7.
Will head down to the store with dimensions in hand and see what they have. Saw a good pic of a swivel mount on another post, but can't find it now. Looking forward to accessorizing.
Cheers,
Dan
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Roo23SS View Post
Brian and Dan,
Sorry....that's the newbie in me. Was referring to a television. My TV is a 2011 Tundra Dbl Cab, TRD SR5, 5.7.
Will head down to the store with dimensions in hand and see what they have. Saw a good pic of a swivel mount on another post, but can't find it now. Looking forward to accessorizing.
Cheers,
Dan
Was it THIS ONE

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
RV Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Roo23SS
Brian and Dan,
Cheers,
Dan
Check the viewing angle in whatever you are considering. We were looking at a cheapie in a store and a salesman pointed out the terrible picture from a 45 degree angle. Be aware.

I had posted a TV mount thread, you can check the threads I started. I would not know how to find it on this phone.
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #8

For those interested, here is the link to the post with great pics of how this guy mounted his television. Swing arm looks to be a key so you can watch from a variety of spots. Not sure if it tilts down for non-neck cranking viewing from the couch.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tall-7465.html
Headed out tmro for the first night.
Thanks for all the help.
Dan
Old 07-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Site Team

This is the mount I have in my trailer. So far no problems even during traveling.

Mcnaughton Inc - Locking Cantilever Mount - TV Accessories - Camping World

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
Site Team

Dan, your 23SS is a Hybrid and there's a section here, specifically for Hybrids/Expandables. there's even a Roo sub-section.
the section you posted in, is for conventional TT owners.

a number of owners in the Roo or Shamrock sub-sections, have done tv mods.

even though i own a 23SS, i can't help since we rarely take a tv camping.
it would help knowing what year 23SS you have, since they've changed the tv location 3x since 2006.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss, rockwood roo, roo23ss