Old 03-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
Bae

looking to buy a 2306 Mini Lite

We are looking to buy a 2013 mini lite 2306 with a double bunk in the back and Murphy bed. This appears to have been used a lot, showing some wear, nothing to major. I am looking for suggestions on what to look at for leaks and anything that has been known to be bad on this model i should look at? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #2

I just joined this forum today and do not own a travel trailer yet, but I heard what sounded like really good advice from a couple on YouTube: look for an independent RV inspector. Apparently, they really do exist and know what to look for when you don't, for only about $20 to $30 or so. Worth it, I would imagine. Best of everything to you.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
KnP

I have 2306 but is a 2016 model. Might be different from yours, is 3 years different. Mine came with some axle upgrade that shifted the weight about 60 Lbs more on the tongue.

By the way, how much are they selling for if you do not mind the question?
Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
Ambassador

2306's and other mini-lites have had issues in the wheel wells. The mfg occasionally slips a raw edge of the wall laminate panel in there just behind the fender flares. If you look under there and see the raw butt edge of the wall laminate panel you can take it to a dealer and see if the unit can be fixed under warranty, or some have been getting roofing repair sealant, and sealing it off from the wheel well. One other thing, not sure how much of an issue this is for you; the entertainment center that links the radio, tv, cd player together is not the best quality. I had to replace mine right out of the box, and many others have had the same problem. It's an easy fix though. One more thing, this is more of an upgrade option to make your trailer a little ore comfortable. You can upgrade the old analog thermometer, you now can get a digital coleman-mach thermometer. It's much more efficient. The temperature wont have wide swings, and it does make a marked difference in your comfort. They generally run $55 on amazon. Other than these minor issues, it's a pretty solid unit. Congrats on the purchase hope you enjoy it as the previous owner obviously did.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Newbie Level 2

Smile 2015 Mini Lite

I bought a 2015 Rockwood Mini Lite new, almost at one year old. No water leaks have been encountered, except the valve under the bathroom sink that goes from the outside Black Tank flush to the tank. This is a one way ck valve and I removed it, did not replace. 10 min fix.
Grandkids love the bunks. I modified the wooden ladder with steel plastic coated hooks and works great now. I tow with a 2014 Silverado 1500, 4WD with Z71 suspension and tow pkg. No issues. The thermostat does need replacing as it has a too wide off/on cycle, over 6-8 deg. Will do this soon.
Added a memory foam topper to mattress. Dinette set up is ok. Fridge and oven work good.Propane heat is ok but uses a lot. Got a small elec to use and works good. I do not do winter camping but the weather changes allow outside temps near freezing. Changed out all compartment locks to be the same as my door. Insulated Pillow for roof vent over bed keeps light out when wanted. The crackled door glass needs a cover if you get the sun there. A towel with clothes pins pinned to the trim around the door works. Make sure to store the microwave glass tray when traveling.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
KnP

My 2016 came with a metal lader. Did your microwave oven plate broke?
Old 03-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #7
Newbie Level 2

Microwave Tray

1st or second trip out the glass tray hit the door, knocking it open and hit the floor and broke. I replaced it but we now store it in a cloth bag in a drawer. I have heard of people putting towels etc in the microwave but removing it is easy and will work.

My ladder was all wood
Old 03-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #8

we cut a pool noodle off just bigger than the distance from the microwave tray to top of microwave. when we travel we wedge that in there. It keeps the glass tray tight in place and is easy to put in and out. cincia
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #9

Metal ladder good or bad? I thought about asking for a wooden one when we pick ours up fri?
Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #10
KnP

Metal is not bad. Remember to unhook the lader. Left mine hooked by accident and hit the fridge. Left 2 small scratches where the lader was resting on, against the fridge door.

Thanks, will take notice of the glass plate. Either tip, noodle or cabinet are great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Tags