Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #1

Looking to buy a Rockwood 8329SS

We are looking to upgrade to a new ride. We have seen the Rockwood 8329SS which has three slides. New to the Rockwood line, constructed well, pros and cons. Anyone own the 8329ss?? ANy feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Can't help you on that unit but welcome to the forum!
Someone will be around to help you out .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Thompson View Post
We are looking to upgrade to a new ride. We have seen the Rockwood 8329SS which has three slides. New to the Rockwood line, constructed well, pros and cons. Anyone own the 8329ss?? ANy feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Welcome to the forum!

Looks like this is a brand new model as it is not shown yet on the Forest River site. I found it on-line and it a very nice floorplan.

You could be the first owner and report back!

If you're asking about the quality/workmanship of the Rockwood line of campers, most owners are satisfied. Do they make a perfect, trouble-free camper? No, but what manufacturer does.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #4

Smile

Just ordered the new 8329ss. We got the platinum package and a few other options. We looked at trailers all summer, and am glad we waited long enought for this beauty to arrive. It's our first trailer and we are looking forward to a great RVing life.
oldgreymayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreymayor
Just ordered the new 8329ss. We got the platinum package and a few other options. We looked at trailers all summer, and am glad we waited long enought for this beauty to arrive. It's our first trailer and we are looking forward to a great RVing life.
Sounds like you have the perfect trailer! Let us know when it comes in and include pics.
Jmjtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #6

Now that I've ordered the 8329ss trailer, I will need to know what size generator to use for the 15000 btu air. Any suggestions?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #7

Generator..that is always a loaded question in rv forums . A 3500 watt with 30 amp output will run a 15k ac no issue. Can you run a blow dryer and toaster at the same time, no. I have a 4000 watt champion purchased at tractor supply for <$300, been great for 2 years. Lightweight, relatively quiet, reliable. Runs our 15k ac in the hot Texas summers. Congrats in new purchase!
kaferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks,
Scott
wow, that is a nice floorplan, we have the 2013 8319ss which is similar in some ways, rockwood and camping are new to us but i have to say so far it is great, the signature series is very well thought out, quality seems to be up there with more expensive units we looked at, i think you will be very happy with it

2011 Dodge Ram
2013 Rockwood 8319SS
dsotmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #9

We recently purchased the 8315BSS and hadn't seen the trailer you have gone for. It does look very nice and had we seen it we may have been more tempted as it has two lazy boy chairs, not just the one. Pretty academic really, the DW has already laid claim to it. I get to play with the barbecue! We are delighted with our new purchase, a real step up from the Jayco we had before. I couldn't find the weights for the 8329 but just out of interest what are you towing it behind? We are using a Ford Expedition Max but reading this forum I'm getting a little concerned that I might be at or over my towing weight. So far I've only pulled it from the dealership about 80kms away and I noticed some sway that I've never experienced before.
Now, I'm looking forward to spring in the hopes that I can tow the trailer down to Yellowstone without incident for a couple of weeks.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #10

It's about 7200 light and 8700 gross. I bought a new Tundra with tow and 5.7 engine. It will do fine. I can't wait to get the new trailer. With the three slides, it is quite roomy. The 8325ss is another model that we looked at also.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreymayor
It's about 7200 light and 8700 gross. I bought a new Tundra with tow and 5.7 engine. It will do fine. I can't wait to get the new trailer. With the three slides, it is quite roomy. The 8325ss is another model that we looked at also.
Hhhmmmm......I don't recall seeing any of those in Alberta when we selected ours. But then, I only went out to buy a couple of jugs of antifreeze to winterize our last TT. We had no invention of switching at the time but the deal was too good to be true. If I struggle to tow it then I know it was. Lol.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
"Don't Tread on Me"

Just purchased the 8329SS. We love it. Just what we have been looking for. This is our 5th travel trailer.
Rockwood Roo 235S
2002 F-250 7.3 Diesel Powerstroke Powerhouse
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
sgtsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #13

My wife and I can't wait to get ours. Yellowstone will be our first big trip, since we live only a day's drive. But hope to use it many days in the Black Hills next summer learning all there is to know about trailer camping.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
"Don't Tread on Me"

That sound great. I'm on the East Coast. VA. In the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Rockwood Roo 235S
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
"Don't Tread on Me"

Oh One thing I did was replace my barrel chairs with recliners. Kicking back in style now.
Rockwood Roo 235S
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #16

Yea, we got the recliners and the fireplace. Should be a good way to save on propane while in a campground.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
"Don't Tread on Me"

Where is the fireplace located at? I got one from Lowe's that sits next to the island.
Rockwood Roo 235S
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #18

It's built into the entertainment center.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #19

Quote:

Thanks,
Scott
We just purchased our 8329 on 10/10/2012, had it out on several camping trips already. We love the layout and the quality, we have had NO problems as of today. We got the Manhattan color, Cherry Wood, Platinum Package, Power Tongue Jack, Power Stab jacks, Minimum Carpet, Raised panel Refer Fronts, Convenience Pkg E, 15,000 btu AC, Rear Ladder, Outside Grill, Lazy Boy Recliners, Carbon Monoxide detector, Water Purifier, Create a Breeze Bath fan, Slide Toppers. We paid $29,000 plus tax from Weekend RV in Clinton Tennessee, very very good dealership. We shopped all over for the best price and was willing to travel to pick up the unit, the next best price was from RV Wholesalers (actually had the best price but we would have used up the difference in Gas and time to pick it up). We also purchased the extra year of warranty from Forest River for only $150.00. We tow this unit with our 2012 GMC 1500 Sierra 4X4 with the factory tow package and seems to work fine.

Good luck, if you choose the 8329 I think you will be very pleased.
LBOBIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #20
"Don't Tread on Me"

Question 8329ss

We got ours the end of Oct. and were able to get 1 trip in before winterizing. We love it, plenty of room and storage. I am going to check on getting that extra years warranty. I wasn't offered that , only the dealerships extended one. I have been looking at the Good Sam's Extended warranty plan. Anyone have the Good Sam's plan or any other? I'm not sure that it would only be a waste of money.
Rockwood Roo 235S
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"