Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #21

So sorry about your loss of your furbaby , We too lost our beloved Niles 2 weeks ago, we were so hoping he would be with us in our new RV but he never made it. BUT we have his picture mounted so i can see it when I drive.
2015 Berkshire XL 400QL
2014 MINI Cooper Countryman (that pulls nothing)
Sigmili1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your chihuahua.
I am sorry for your loss. Seeing I like my petsbetter than most friends and some family I completely understand the void that has been left. You will always have the memories of having such an awesome companion.
Nastyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #23

We share your sorrow and can relate to what you are going through. We just had to put down our beloved Presley, our 12 yr old Yorkie last week. Our home is so empty after the loss of our 6# best friend. We have a 12 yr old Boxer that will soon be facing the same fate. She has bad hip problems and needs help getting up. She like our Yorkie has congestive heart failure and kidney problems. It's so sad to lose our loyal friends. Our sympathy is with you. They do leave there paw prints on your heart.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #24
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

To echo everyone, condolances.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #25
Happy Camper

Be thankful for the time you shared but know there are other pets out there that need adopting and your continuing love. Thanks to God for giving us those fury friends.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Rick and Bobby - I am so sorry for your losses. Take comfort in knowing you gave your beloved fur kids the best gift of love, the gift of peace. This will make you cry but it may help you through.

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF AN EXTREMELY DISTINGUISHED DOG

I, Chelsea, because of the burden of my illness and realizing the end of my life is near, do hereby bury my Last Will and Testament in the mind of my Master. She will not know it is there until after I am dead. Then, remembering me in her loneliness, she will suddenly know of this testament, and I ask her to inscribe it as a memorial to me.

I have little in the way of material things to leave. Dogs are wiser than men. They do not set great store upon things. They do not waste their days hoarding property. They do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have not. There is nothing of value I have to bequeath except my love and my faith. These I leave to all those who have loved me, to my Master, Vicky, who I know will mourn me the most, to my companion, Will, but if I should list all those who have loved me, it would force my Master to write a book. Perhaps it is vain of me to boast when I am so near death, which returns all beasts and vanities to dust, but I have always been an extremely exceptional dog.

I ask my Master to remember me always but not to grieve for me too long. In my life I have tried to be a comfort to her in time of sorrow and a reason for added joy in her happiness. It is painful for me to think that even in death I should cause her pain. Let her remember that, while no dog ever had a happier life, I have now grown ill and pained. I should not want my pride to sink to a bewildered humiliation. It is time for me to say "good-bye". It will sorrow me to leave her but not sorrow me to die. Dogs do not fear death as men do. We accept it as part of life, not as something alien and terrible which destroys life. What will come to me after death? I will be in a place where one is always young; where I will someday be joined by companions I have known in life; where I will romp in lovely fields with those that have gone before me; where every hour is mealtime; where in long evenings there are fireplaces with logs forever burning, and one curls oneself up and remembers the old brave days on earth and the love of one's Master.

This is much to expect but peace, at least, is certain, and a long rest for these weakened limbs. And eternal sleep is perhaps, after all, the best.

One last request I earnestly make. I ask her, for love of me to have another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have another Lab. What I would like to feel is that, having once had me, she cannot live without one! I have never had a narrow spirit. I have always held that most dogs are good. Some dogs are better than others--like me--and so I suggest a Black Lab as my successor. She can hardly be as well bred or as mannered or as distinguished and beautiful as I, but my Master must not ask the impossible. She will do her best, I am sure, and even her inevitable defects will help keep my memory green. To her I bequeath my collar and leash. I leave her my place in the car which I loved so much and wish for her long rides with open windows.

One last word of farewell, dear Master. Whenever you think of me, say to yourself with regret but also with happiness in your heart at the remembrance of my happy life with you, "She is the one who loved us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep, I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #27

Yep asquared - it made me cry and its been almost three years since we had to put our beloved yellow Lab down due to Cushings Disease 💕

These fur kids sure leave a lasting impact on all of us 🐶
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:13 AM   #28

Like all others have said...sorry for your loss. Lost our 12 year old yellow lab last October 30th. Hurt a lot more than I thought it would.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:02 AM   #29
(Dry Huunday)

Such a sad time, just try to remember you gave him a good life and in return he gave unselfish love. Our condolences.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #30

So sorry for your loss. I know he will always be with you in spirit.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #31

So sorry to hear about your loss. God bless you.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #32

Sorry to hear about your buddy. We never quite get used to not having them around. Even though it's the hardest thing (IMO) that we ever have to do as dog parents, I'm sure your pal was glad and at peace to have you with him until the end. I've told people, in all seriousness, that if I had to choose between getting divorced again and putting down one of my dogs again, I'd choose another divorce. It's easier. Plus at least the dogs are always loyal...

Hang in there.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #33
Site Team

So sad. We went thru that with our darling Abby last February.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #34

Sorry about the loss of your pooch.....
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #35

I too am so very sorry to hear about your loss. No matter how many years you had it is just not enough!
nbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #36

Sorry to hear. I know how you feel.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #37

My heart goes out to you

5 months ago I lost Nugget my beloved Shih Tzu. She was 12. We were inseperable and she loved to camp in our trailer. She had a seizure that put her in a coma and I to was holding her when the vet gave her the injection. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Dogs do leave paw prints on your heart.
Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping