Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #1

Low Point Drains

Hi all. I can't seem to find any low point plumbing drains in my '05 2601. I found one tube underneath that's connected to a funnel under the slide out. This seems to be some type of drain in case the slide seal leaks. Is this lack of plumbing drains just another thing FR cheaped out on, like no 12v outlets?

Thanks for any help.
spudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #2

I have a 2004 Flagstaff 26 RKS, which is the equivalent of the Rockwood 2605. When I prepared to winterize the first year, I could not find the low point drains, so I headed over to the dealer to find out where they were.

He told me with the system FR has set up in these particular trailers, the drains are not needed. Once you run your antifreeze through the pipes and it comes out of each faucet, you are done. With a bit of trepidation, I took him at his word and went home and did the winterization. Everything worked as it should and there were no issues with broken water lines. We had several days that year of 0 degree nights last year and we had no problems. I used about 2 gallons of the antifreeze including some in each of the traps.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:34 AM   #3

ON the Flagstaff 829FKSS they are under the bathroom sink befind a panel. This year just to find them I took the panel out and there they were. I now made a false bottom to the cabinet which lifts up so I can get at them. Taking out the panel also doubled the useable space under the sink. The first year I didn't use them to winterize anyway.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #4

Not the same model, but thought maybe it would help in your search (if your interested in trying to track the drains down)…

Prepping to do a couple mods, and I found my drains in a floor cut-out behind a ‘bulkhead’ in the cabinet circled in blue:

Don’t know that I’ll need them, but at least I know where they are.
I am also planning the same false bottom approach as flagstaff.

I’m missing/wishing-for 12VDC outlets too.
It’s on my to do list… still planning which ones, location and circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25RS_LPD2.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	127  
Old 01-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #5

I have never located any low point drains on our Roo232 either. Never had a problem with frozen pipes. I always winterize myself.
And a Sheltie named Squirt
rldcjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #6

Can anyone help me locate the low-point drain(s) on a 2005 Flagstaff 23FBS?

Thanks in advance.
pduggan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood