Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #21

My experience tells me that a lube plate will not fit when the reese revolution is set up, unless you cut away a portion of it. I don't use anything with my reese revolution.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
My experience tells me that a lube plate will not fit when the reese revolution is set up, unless you cut away a portion of it. I don't use anything with my reese revolution.
When we picked up our 5ver, they had a circular lube plate installed on a slider hitch and the Reese Revolution locked. Didn't like the set up at all with the banging on take off and stopping. Went back the next day and they activated the Reese Revolution, took out the slider and put in a regular Reese 16k. No more banging. Gave the lube plate to a friend. BTW, it was a regular circular lube plate that had fingers that gripped the pin. No cutting required.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
When we picked up our 5ver, they had a circular lube plate installed on a slider hitch and the Reese Revolution locked. Didn't like the set up at all with the banging on take off and stopping. Went back the next day and they activated the Reese Revolution, took out the slider and put in a regular Reese 16k. No more banging. Gave the lube plate to a friend. BTW, it was a regular circular lube plate that had fingers that gripped the pin. No cutting required.

Name:   31xWwoJ4SJL._SX300_.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  4.0 KB
what I put on mine .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Exactly what I was trying to say. When I activated the Reese Rev, the locking plate would not fit with a lube plate in place unless I cut the lube plate away. I bet yours wouldn't fit either as you have the same setup as me.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Exactly what I was trying to say. When I activated the Reese Rev, the locking plate would not fit with a lube plate in place unless I cut the lube plate away. I bet yours wouldn't fit either as you have the same setup as me.
Never even tried it, the dealer removed it. It would be absolutely useless.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Attachment 25899 what I put on mine .
That is exactly what I had that the dealer removed when he activated the Reese Revolution.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #27
Denver, CO

These are 5 wheel hitches and we are worrying about scratching the PAINT? Really? Seriously? I'm having a hard time comprehending this. Thick steel plate, what's it gonna do rust or wear through?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
These are 5 wheel hitches and we are worrying about scratching the PAINT? Really? Seriously? I'm having a hard time comprehending this. Thick steel plate, what's it gonna do rust or wear through?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
phat phrog stunt crew

i have the same deal turbs has on his. its plastic, costs about 15 bucks or so and keeps grease off of me (i seem to be a dirt magnet).
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #30
Owner/Operator

I'll get flamed for this, but get a real tow vehicle where you do not need to use the pivot of the Revolution, and your hitch will continue to look like this.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
i have the same deal turbs has on his. its plastic, costs about 15 bucks or so and keeps grease off of me (i seem to be a dirt magnet).
My dw stopped buying me shirts that were anything but black.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
I'll get flamed for this, but get a real tow vehicle where you do not need to use the pivot of the Revolution, and your hitch will continue to look like this.

RodeoGeorge
That's very pretty.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
Senior Moment

Update : after checking with manufacturer they recommend grease on both sides of wedge, back side of pin, and on plate in front of pin. Mainly for ease of hooking up.
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote