Old 03-07-2016, 12:13 AM   #1
Some guy in back...

Smile Maiden Voyage of our new 8329SS...and questions....

I picked up the new trailer Friday morning and after an uneventful PDI, drove the 40 minutes to the site of our club's camp out.
Through the some of the fiercest winds and amazing rain over the weekend (for Northern California), we got to know the trailer and began to fit the puzzle pieces of dishes and silverware and linens and clothes and everything else that goes into making a new trailer yours.
There was also the issue of reduced outside storage to contend with. What could go in there and what needed to be carried in the van.
My wife calls it playing Tetris, and I think that's a good description.
We thought about it over the week-end and this is our 5th TT in 20 years and the 3rd brand new trailer, so we've done this before.
So, I am looking for ideas and comments from those who have had their 8329's for awhile and may have already solved some of the the "simple" problems we all face sooner or later:[LIST=1][*]Is there a fuse for the tongue jack someplace?[*]Is there a separate CB or fuse for the front and rear levelers?[*]Is there a main fuse between the battery and the trailer power system?[*]Where did you put the TP holder in the bathroom?[*]Where did you put your paper towel holder in the kitchen?[*]Where do you put the bar stools for travel?[*]What do you use for wheel chocks given the tiny spacing between the tires?[*]How does the valve and switch and inlets work for the city water connection? Is that little lighted switch actually just the light?[*]What do you put in the funky outside storage area in the table/TV slide[*]Is the gas BBQ worthwhile or worthless?[*]Is the LP gas selection valve actually NOT an auto changeover valve?[*]Have you done anything to quiet the water pump?[/LIST
We love the trailer and had no issues of any kind over two nights of camping. The trailer was clean, nothing was broken, there were no leaks and everything worked the way is should. The front window is wonderful, we had plenty of interior storage and it was just so comfortable!
The blue light in the fridge is a little off-putting, so I am looking to change that. Beyond that, I think the trailer is pretty much perfect!

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Old 04-06-2016, 11:47 PM   #2

I'll try to answer some of your questions as far as what I have done. We created more space and added a very lightweight aluminum fold up rack to the bumper, keeping in mind that it can't support much weight. You can look up some of my posts in my profile. I moved the spare tire to under the frame. There are fuses for all of the items you asked about. The majority are up front under the frame by the battery box. We mounted the paper towel rack under the upper right cabinet by the kitchen sink; mounted the TP rack on the bathroom sink cabinet door where the water pump is. Used a "ladder rung" type of hanging rack over the shower door for bath towels. Bought it at either Camping World or Bed, Bath & Beyond (can't remember). We store it on the bed when traveling. We placed the round hand towel rack above the toilet. The bar stools are kept on the bed when traveling. Haven't done anything about quieting the water pump as it is very hard to get to and already has "soft" flex hoses on it instead of the hard PEX style hoses. We did have the dealer remove the water filter after reading about issues with them leaking. I'm not sure what you meant about the light by the water connections. I store levelers, Roto-chock tire chocks, electric table fan or Vornado heater (depends on season), small fold-up stool in the storage on the dining room slide. Lastly, we don't use the BBQ or table that came with the RV and use a Weber Q which we keep in the truck. Hope this helps!

lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:52 PM   #3

Yep. The light switch in the docking station is "THE" light.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:36 AM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

Congrats on your new trailer. I will let the other owners of your model trailer chime in on your questions as I don't have any experience with your model
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
Some guy in back...

lakejumper, thanks for the rundown, I appreciate it. hearing what another owner of our specific trailer has done to make it their own can open our eyes to other possibilities and solutions!

Fairenatic, Thanks-I could not believe it myself, but your note and my eyeballing the back of the switch confirms it. wow...

Jgourlie-Thanks for the welcome. We are off on out second local trip this week-end, to the beach this time and more enjoying the new rig and seeing where everything fits!

Cheers!
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
Christ follower

Welcome. So far we are doing the same with our 8329SS, trying to figure out where everything goes. Neither my wife and I can stand clutter so its been a bit tricky but were getting there.

If you wanted to quiet the noise from the water pump, you could buy a small amount of DynaMat or similar sound deadening material and line the cabinet walls around it.
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Ephesians 4:13
7.3Excursion4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:49 AM   #7

7.3Excursion- great idea using Dynamat to quiet the water pump. Glad to see that you got the 8329SS. Hope you are enjoying it.
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #8
Some guy in back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3Excursion4x4 View Post
Welcome. So far we are doing the same with our 8329SS, trying to figure out where everything goes. Neither my wife and I can stand clutter so its been a bit tricky but were getting there.

If you wanted to quiet the noise from the water pump, you could buy a small amount of DynaMat or similar sound deadening material and line the cabinet walls around it.
I like the Dynamat idea. I think if you unscrewed the mounts for the pump, made holes in the Dynamat for the feet and then slide the mat underneath and stuck it to the floor panel, it would do something. Now that I think though, Isn't it fastened to the floor? The floor is reasonably thick, heavy and dense material, plywood maybe, with Styrofoam insulation underneath. Not really a resonating surface...but the mat will help.

I am removing the filter this week-end and using a PVC pipe union to connect the two ends. I am going to see if I can route the tubing to and from the pump in such a way that it des not touch or rub against anything else and limit the path for sound/vibration conduction. Tie wraps and low-density foam will help.

Wish me luck!

'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8329, 8329ss, california, pdi