Old 05-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #11

The major issue is the slide,sounds like it started with a shear pin.I don't know why it failed but when it happened ,(STOP) and investigate! Running the slide (In & Out) while out of time can do (Lots) of damage! W/Heater is prob.a valve turned wrong? Like you stated when you picked up your unit New,you were in a Hurry and only received part of your PDI! The clock and the rain is Not (Major)! Camp On! Youroo!!

Old 05-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #12

Yeah!!! Hot water issue fixed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #13

Glad you got the HW issue taken care of. Sounds like the other issues really need dealer service. Here is the FR contact list - if a 1600 mile trip isn't in feasible, you could contact other local FR dealers even they aren't Rockwood dealers and see if they will work on it, or contact the Rockwood warranty administrator. He should be able to help you find a closer shop willing to work on it.

Just be prepared - you will probably get told no by some dealers since you didn't buy from them, but others will probably work on it. Only the selling dealer is required to give you waaranty service, so most dealers will give priority to their own customers first, but you should be able to get the issues fixed without going back to MI.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 45 views)

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #14

Another issue fixed. The toilet is now working. Double yeah!! Spoke to the service dept in Michigan he mentioned that the slide is definitely out of alignment. I have the under slide rails, and he said that when it was put together someone missed some thing somewhere. It needs to be looked at.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea60 View Post
I purchased the camper about three weeks ago from a dealer in Michigan. I live in New York. There is no rockwood dealer in my area. I would have to wait to get the ok from forest river to have it serviced at a jayco dealer. Not sure how that is going to work. Otherwise my seven year warranty is worth nothing. I would have to drive back to Michigan and have them service it. And I am not ready to take a 1,600 mile trip again at this point.
Your 7 year warranty can be done by anyone. Your first year is through FR. They should okay it if there is not a dealer near you. Your 7 year will kick in after the first year so really it turns out to be a 6 year extended,
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #16

Yes, I have a Jayco dealer near me. I was just told that I bring it. Get an estimate and they will contact the dealer where I purchase it. And they will ok the work.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Ok when I went to use the toilet for the first time I noticed I was not able to add a small amount of water in the bowl. It just runs right into the tank. As I examined it further I noticed that the black seal is not making contact with the white part that flips open when you flush. The peddle should be pushed part way to add water. When I do that with mine there is no water that even comes out until I push all the way down and then it just flushes. This has definitely put a damper on my Memorial Day weekend. And to top it off, it hasn't stopped raining.
Not all toilets are created equal, but on mine, I don't push down on the pedal to add a little water, I pull up. I just stick my toe under the pedal and pull up. If I push down, I get the same results as you do.

I can't help you with the rain other than to offer to accept a load should you determine how to send it to me.

Here's hoping................

Well, now I see your post that the toilet is now working. I will take a load of rain, however.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #18

Thank you, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge problem dealing with another company. And I understand that since I didn't purchaser the camper from the area dealer that I am not a priority to them. Hey as long as they are willing to work with me. I am a previous customer to them. I had purchased a jayco a few years back. So maybe that night help me. I was a few days ago with my rockwood to get it inspected. And I am always in there for something. We shall see.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Thank you, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge problem dealing with another company. And I understand that since I didn't purchaser the camper from the area dealer that I am not a priority to them. Hey as long as they are willing to work with me. I am a previous customer to them. I had purchased a jayco a few years back. So maybe that night help me. I was a few days ago with my rockwood to get it inspected. And I am always in there for something. We shall see.
The only problem I can see is parts if needed. As slow as FR parts dept is.but then it might be faster because they are not waiting for a dealer to get a new unit in and add the parts they ordered inside the unit. It happened to me twice. No shipping cost !!!!!
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #20

I just called the jayco dealer and he informed me that they normally don't work on any other campers but jayco. But he is willing to do what ever work as long as I pay up front. Hmmm?? He said then I figure it out with the dealer I purchased it from.

Tags
2604, camper