Old 05-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #21

Who did you purchase it from? I doubt they are going to agree to pay you back, but maybe. Long Island is kind of a dessert for RV dealers. I still think your best bet is to find an approved Forest River shop that will do the work. Then the payment is between the shop and the manufacturer and you don't have to chase after your money...

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea60 View Post
I just called the jayco dealer and he informed me that they normally don't work on any other campers but jayco. But he is willing to do what ever work as long as I pay up front. Hmmm?? He said then I figure it out with the dealer I purchased it from.
AS long as FR approves it not your dealer, you will get payed back. Your dealer has to have the repaired okayed from FR anyway. It is just the same as you acting as a dealer. You might pay up front depending on what the Jayco dealer wants to do. They may only pay what they think a FR dealer would do it for. But still your getting it done and saving a buck or two in Gas..........

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

I had to do this for warranty work done at another dealer (not where I bought from). Why should they be out money until FR pays them for a trailer they did not sell or even technically work on. I got my check in about three months after the work was done from the dealer since it took that long for FR to pay them.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #24

Don't only think dealers for the possible repairs. We bought our Cedar Creek in PA and live in MA.... We have a local RV Service Center (not a dealer) that has contacted Cedar Creek (div of FR) and did our Warranty work and adjustments with no problem at all.

Sorry to hear about all the problems, hope they get fixed in a timely fashion.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #25

As long as it keeps raining it's giving me time to examine the problems one by one. I fixed the water leak coming from a connector at my water pump. And the kitchen light is also fixed. So my list seems to be getting smaller. Looks like it's only going be the slide issue and microwave not working. Looks like we have another full day of rain ahead of us. Let's see what else I can tinker with.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #26

Major issues with new camper 2015 2604WS

Update, finally got my camper back from the only RV dealer in Long Island. As I mentioned before, they are a Jayco dealer, so they weren't to happy about having to work on a rockwood. But finally we all came to a agreement that worked. FR approved all work to be done, I paid up front and I was already contacted from the dealer I purchased it from that they are sending a check to me this week. Not to bad. They had my baby for week. She came home yesterday. The issue with the slide was fixed. It needed to be moved 1 1/2 towards the back of the camper and two clicks were added to the left side to take care of the huge gap. It also took care of the sagging topper, was having a problem not dump rain. They also adjusted my one entry doors. Wouldn't close unless you slammed it so hard it woke your neighbors. They replaced the worm gear to my TV antenna cause it was bent at the factory while the slide was being installed. The only problem they couldn't figure out was setting the clock on my magic chef microwave. Every one is stumped on that one. So I called magic chef directly and I am waiting to hear back. They feel it's the key pad module that needs to be replaced. Going out on our second trip next week. Looking forward to a un eventful five days. Well, if anyone has any idea about setting the clock on my micro I would appreciate any help. Otherwise I will go out and by a wall clock for the time being. Happy camping everyone!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #27

Glad to see you got things fixed and happy camping!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea60 View Post
Update, finally got my camper back from the only RV dealer in Long Island. As I mentioned before, they are a Jayco dealer, so they weren't to happy about having to work on a rockwood. But finally we all came to a agreement that worked. FR approved all work to be done, I paid up front and I was already contacted from the dealer I purchased it from that they are sending a check to me this week. Not to bad. They had my baby for week. She came home yesterday. The issue with the slide was fixed. It needed to be moved 1 1/2 towards the back of the camper and two clicks were added to the left side to take care of the huge gap. It also took care of the sagging topper, was having a problem not dump rain. They also adjusted my one entry doors. Wouldn't close unless you slammed it so hard it woke your neighbors. They replaced the worm gear to my TV antenna cause it was bent at the factory while the slide was being installed. The only problem they couldn't figure out was setting the clock on my magic chef microwave. Every one is stumped on that one. So I called magic chef directly and I am waiting to hear back. They feel it's the key pad module that needs to be replaced. Going out on our second trip next week. Looking forward to a un eventful five days. Well, if anyone has any idea about setting the clock on my micro I would appreciate any help. Otherwise I will go out and by a wall clock for the time being. Happy camping everyone!
You just push clock button, then install the time from the key pad and then hit clock again.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #29
Site Team

Bought a jayco in 2005, had great service. Glad they got your rockwood prepped for you.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #30

Who wants to know the time when you're camping?

I know, it's also the timer for cooking.

But who cooks when you're camping?

Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, camper