Old 06-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #31

Yes, you think it would be that easy. Which is what the manual states. But when I hit the clock button, nothing happens. You also have the option of a 24 hour or 12 hour setting. But the key pad does nothing. I had the tech at jayco look at it. They also had no luck. The key pad does not function correctly.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:43 AM   #32

Hello,
We had the same problem with ours,pulled it out and took it to an authorized repair shop after contacting magic chef.

rcnhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #33
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea60 View Post
Yes, you think it would be that easy. Which is what the manual states. But when I hit the clock button, nothing happens. You also have the option of a 24 hour or 12 hour setting. But the key pad does nothing. I had the tech at jayco look at it. They also had no luck. The key pad does not function correctly.
OK, I have to ask. Considering that everytime you set up, you will have to set the stoopid thing, and since it's digital, you will be compelled to do so to the correct minute so it and your cell phone have the exact same time, and you're camping ... you see where this is going? Why bother? Forget about it.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #34

Yes, you are right.....we are camping. But you would think that when buying new it would work and not have to have it repaired. And no, I am not OCD having it to the minute with my cell. Your right, time shouldn't matter when your camping. I was just saying. Well at least I know I'm not going crazy that I can't set a simple clock. That someone else has had the same issue. Happy camping everyone.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Yes, you are right.....we are camping. But you would think that when buying new it would work and not have to have it repaired. And no, I am not OCD having it to the minute with my cell. Your right, time shouldn't matter when your camping. I was just saying. Well at least I know I'm not going crazy that I can't set a simple clock. That someone else has had the same issue. Happy camping everyone.
I agree that's the first thing I do after set up one reason is that I know I have 110v. Just look at the display, NO display, NO power.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #36

Quote:
I'm with you about if you're paying for something you expect it to work.

But have you had a kid under say age 10 try to set the clock? The kids these days can do wonders!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #37

as far as your awning toppers, I have yet to see one that will dump rain unless you keep the RV tipped back a few degrees, they are not designed to shed water, mostly they fill up with water and sag. some people put 12" balls under the middle , me I just raise the Rv in the front when it rains.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
as far as your awning toppers, I have yet to see one that will dump rain unless you keep the RV tipped back a few degrees, they are not designed to shed water, mostly they fill up with water and sag. some people put 12" balls under the middle , me I just raise the Rv in the front when it rains.
My toppers and I have 3 have ever collected water in 2 years, you have the tension set wrong or not enough sloop when installed....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #39

Topper

When they fixed my slide issue, I was told that two clicks were added to the back end part of the slide. And also the large topper was adjusted. I'm going camping next week, if we get any rain, I will see the results. Hopefully it will be sunny sky's all week long!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #40

Glad most everything seems to be fixed for you.
Just for the future...there is a Rockwood dealer in CT and you could take the ferry over to make the trip manageable if you need anything major in the future.

Campers Inn I-84 CT
603-642-5555
2 Mashapauq Road
Union, CT 06076

Tags
2604, camper