Old 05-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #1

Major issues with new camper 2015 2604WS

Don't know where to even begin. At this point I am over whelmed with all this happening.
To start off with, the biggest problem I have is with the slide. As I was unbuckling the chairs and setting them up I noticed a huge gap on the bottom of my slide. I can see right out side. So I decided to slide it back in and extend it once more. As it was sliding out I heard clicking and loud banging noise and I could feel it under my feet. I tried sliding it back in once more. I also noticed that the right side of the slide would slide in first a couple of inches and the the left side would follow. Not sure if this is just the way it works. Then I thought that is the motor side and figured it has more pull so maybe that's the way it works. Couldn't fix that problem no matter how many times I extended and retracted. When it's fully in, it sits flush on one side and the opposite side of the problem side sits about one inch away from the body of the camper. Next my water is only luke warm. tired running the hot water heater electric and propane but to no avail. Nothing is working. I flipped the switch in the HWH cabinet to try it both ways but nothing is working. Next issue, the clock button on my microwave does not function. I read the book and followed exactly on how to set the clock, but nothing works. This is not a major problem. I can live without the clock. The light right over the kitchen sink does not turn on. It's not on any switch it gets turned on by a switch on the housing. I have all new LED lighting in the camper. Ok when I went to use the toilet for the first time I noticed I was not able to add a small amount of water in the bowl. It just runs right into the tank. As I examined it further I noticed that the black seal is not making contact with the white part that flips open when you flush. The peddle should be pushed part way to add water. When I do that with mine there is no water that even comes out until I push all the way down and then it just flushes. This has definitely put a damper on my Memorial Day weekend. And to top it off, it hasn't stopped raining.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #2

I would certainly get it back to your dealer to get the slide looked at. As for the other stuff make a list and check with the dealer about them and what the resolution will be.

Sorry for your issues. We all go through this and, well it really sucks.

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #3

We lost count of the things we have had to repair due to the dealer being so far away. We had a slide problem, and taillights didn't work, which we did take back and have repaired, and lots of electrical problems due to screws being put into the wires and shorting things out. It is a 2014 Sabre and 99 percent of these problems are quality control. Also the dealer did not check things out very well. Everyone please check your smoke detectors. Ours still had the battery wrapped in cellophane. No way would it have worked. Still have a few things we need replaced or fixed, but going to make sure we find them all before we take it back to be corrected.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #4

I purchased the camper about three weeks ago from a dealer in Michigan. I live in New York. There is no rockwood dealer in my area. I would have to wait to get the ok from forest river to have it serviced at a jayco dealer. Not sure how that is going to work. Otherwise my seven year warranty is worth nothing. I would have to drive back to Michigan and have them service it. And I am not ready to take a 1,600 mile trip again at this point.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea60 View Post
This has definitely put a damper on my Memorial Day weekend. And to top it off, it hasn't stopped raining.
Once in a while, we are reminded that camping is an outdoor activity.
What Lynkage said. Make a list, proritize it and deal with the probs one at a time.
Your hot water problem could be the position of the valves on the winterizing bypass. Make sure the valves on the hot and cold lines are open and the valve on the line between them is closed. I'll bet on that as your problem; they're all open.
I know this comment won't help now, but did your dealer do a PDI? Did you? A misaligned slide and a toilet not holding water should have been caught well before you took delivery. I'd point this out to the dealer's service department.
Hang in there. We love our 2604WS and you will, too.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #6

Sorry to hear about your issues and definitely make a detailed list to get the dealer to address everything. For the luke warm water, make sure your hot water heater bypass is not open from winterizing. Mine was when we picked the trailer up from the dealer and I didn't figure it out until part way through the summer. Same symptoms, warm water but not hot water. Hopefully it is as simple as that.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #7

I have to agree. This is definitely a QC problem. I don't feel that they are checked well enough when they come off the assembly line. As I went to check my HWH again this morning, I noticed a puddle in the compartment. In the same area it also holds the water filter. So I am not sure if the leak is from the filter or hoses or the HWH. I hear absolutely nothing from the water heater. Doesn't sound like it is igniting or even trying to ignite on propane.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #8

How do I figure out which one is the bypass. I have 3 shut off's on my HWH. I have 2 blacks and 1 white shut off's.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #9

Thank you for all this great help. I found the bypass valve open. I hope this will help this one issue. As for the leak. I found a crimp clamp is leaking. The service dept will have to fix that. Now I will attempt to try fixing the toilet. It states in my manual that the black seal can be adjusted if it's not sitting properly.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #10

The one in the middle should be turned opposite the direction of hoses.

1999 Silverado with tow package

2006 Roo 23B hybrid

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2604, camper