Old 09-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #1

Major Water Leak

We have a 2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WFKSS, which I believe is the same as a Windjammer 3008. Anyhow, Sunday night something happened to the toilet foot flush valve. It stuck partially opened, filled the black water tank and flooded the rear of the trailer, soaking the carpeting. Today, I sucked out as much of the water with a shop vac as I could. I put a dehumidifier in the back and opened the ceiling vent and turned on the bathroom fan to high. Is there anything else I should be doing to get the water out? I looked underneath the trailer and there is actually a drain in the underbelly right beneath the bedroom.
The Thetford toilet has been a problem since day 1. The seal around the foot valve has been replaced twice and the dealer says that Thetford confirmed the design was bad. However, they will do nothing because the newer toilets are better.
I was also wondering if I should turn this into insurance and let them make sure everything is dried out and replaced if necessary.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even though this trailer is almost ten years old, we still like the floor plan over just about everything else we have seen. It hasn't given us that many issues over the years. Just some minor odds and ends.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak