Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #1

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Manufacturing Change for Forest River Campers

I believe everyone has run into this one. I've read it in most RV brochures somewhere in them under a, **/ read the fine print . Its goes something like this " All specifications or options are subject change without notice or obligations. Some features shown may be optional or not available at time of manufacture." " The manufacturer holds no liability for changes or deletions of options shown".
This is what happened. We ordered a 2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065 from RVW-(RVWholesalers). Our salesman was Preston Rogan. One of the options we ordered (well the wife wanted) was Stainless Steel appliances. From the picture in the brochure and from what Preston told us ,that would be Refidgerator,Oven/Stove and Microwave.
Well when we went to pick -up the camper at RVW and did the walk-thru everything but the Microwave was Stainless Steel. The Microwave was Black! I didnt think it was a big deal (option was $90 up grade). Well the wife was very upset and let Preston here it. Well she was right, they told us thats what would come and it didnt! My wife likes everything the same Brand, when groupings are involved. Preston while we were there (RVW in OHIO) called FR - Rockwood Div.(Speaker Phone) They said that they are no longer offering the Stainless Steel Microwave in the upgrade package. It will come in Black from now on ! Please refer to the brochure FR can change anything at any time. I didnt really care that much but the wife was dissappointed.
We have been real happy with the camper and not had anything wrong with it. (knock on wood!) We enjoyed our experience with RVW and Preston Rogan. Would suggest anyone looking for a Camper check them out!
We bought the camper on Sept. 03,2010. Well guess what, I recieved an e-mail today from Forest River & Preston Rogan of RVW. If I had a scanner I would post it. Forest River said they were sorry to here that we were disappointed with our camper not having the Stainless Steel Micrwave not included with the upgrade. We are shipping you a brand new Stainless Steel Microwave. Please send us a recept for any instalation charges we incure, we will reinburse you ! They hoped that this resolves the issue we had with the microwave and hope to recieve your bussiness in the future. If you have any questions please direct them to Preston Rogan of RVWholesalers !! Wife and myself still cant believe it ! I called Preston today and thanked him. He said he felt real bad about it(microwave) after he said it would be stainless steel. He said it took so long because Rockwood isnt offering the Microwave in the Stainless Steel upgrade anymore. Needless to say I was surprised and happy. Forest River does care about there customers & RVW (RVWholesalers.com) Preston Rogan- Salesman. --- Dave K.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #2

Nice to hear another happy story. I get tired of all of the whining and slagging of FR that goes on.
We are also extremely pleased with our unit and buying experience. We bought from Coates RV in Minneapolis, and would recommend them also.
For what we paid, we got a heck of a camper!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #3

That's good customer service.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #4

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end - FR does provide excellent customer service.

We have been extremely happy since we bought our Georgetown and no issues or complaints with FR or the rig itself. FR replaced the cockpit seats - but I think that was the only major problem. Other minor things but that is to be expected.

Selling dealer is another story - I am still trying to get a replacement refrigerator door that the dealer promised - I have a signed due bill. The SS door has a dent but it doesn't affect the operation. We have the dent covered with a wireless thermometer display that shows frig and freezer temps from sensors inside.

Too far of a drive for me to go out there face-to-face so I call them a couple of times a month - still no door. Last month they said it was finally ordered - but haven't heard anything yet. I am about to write the guy at Good Sam that gets things resolved for folks.
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Nice to see another happy FR customer, I also believe they care about customers and there are far more happy ones than the other. Enjoy your new TT and happy camping..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #6

Do you get to keep the black one too?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #7

This is good to hear. We're buying a Sandpiper Treehouse through RCW, and Preston is our salesman.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Popes View Post
Too far of a drive for me to go out there face-to-face so I call them a couple of times a month - still no door.
If it were me I would step up the efforts and start calling them a couple of times a week, then a day! There is no excuse for this other than a dealer that doesn't give a crap, yeah I know big surprise there!

FR by and large did right by us for the few issues we had with our Georgetown.

Like Crocus, I also get tired of the ignorant few that come here and piss and moan about how crappy FR is when what they are asking for is so ridiculously stupid you have to just wonder what they are thinking. Honestly I sometimes wonder why owners feel they have no obligation to maintain an RV and then complain that something is failing and it's FRs fault, they suck, they won't stand behind their product, etc. etc. etc. I'm digressing into a rant. Sorry

Good for you Big Red, glad things worked out.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Big Red, Great to hear that both FR and your dealer took care of you. Does anyone know if FR purchases a certain number of a brand, such as 1000 microwaves from brand X? or do they contract for a period of time, such as a 6 month contract from a supplier? Just wondering because I've seen different TVs and other appliances at RV shows that are only a few months apart, but same year models.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #10

Charlie, I would guess that they would do an estimation of how many microwaves, TVs, DVD players, etc they will need for a given period of time and work a deal for X-number of units. Once those run out (which could be over a years period of time) then they go about buying more. I am sure they are constantly searching for the best deal for them so what ever brand they bought 6 months ago might not be the best deal now or they may not have the right product the next time around, thus the difference in products used in like type rigs.

Only a speculation on my part.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood