Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #1

Mini Lite 1901 Finally Here!

Our Mini Lite 1901 was ordered the end of May from RVW and arrived at our house this past Thursday. Since the Tuscan interior was discontinued for 2013, we were concerned about what color interior we'd actually get. We called RVW to ask for the build sheet and were hopefully optimistic when it confirmed Tuscan. Then the sales guy called and confirmed the factory was holding back enough Tuscan for a final run. Whew!

So we waited and read the forum and learned and waited and read and learned. Fast forward 9 weeks...and it's here! The wait was worth it. It's the perfect size for our new empty nest status. And the interior is pretty much all Tuscan. Aparently they ran out of Tuscan bathroom doors and a bit of trim here and there, but nothing we can't live with. Differences between the 2012s and 2013s we noticed off the top are new graphics and the 2013 actually has the outdoor shower that I'm not sure we'll ever use, but it's there if we need it.

Friday evening we turned on the a/c and watched Olympic swimming in the camper. Better than being there! Saturday we took it for its maiden voyage with the Rav. I was a tad nervous that the Rav wouldn't pull it, but our little run took us over narrow, winding county roads, a relatively good hill ~30% (twice), 2-lane & 4-lane highways, then to its home in the storage place a mile from the house. There's no problem with maintaining highway speeds and RPMs stayed in the acceptable range even on the hills. The world's skinniest parking slot is a pull-thru, but of course I didn't hug close enough to the bldg so put it in crooked. I did learn I can back the trailer and not get divorced, although I suspect there were skid marks on both our tongues. DH is going to ask if the one next to us comes open (it's been empty since we've rented our slot) if we can move over one. The MiniLite fits between the lines, but there's no room left over. On either side. Our slot is about 36" more narrow than any of the rest of them. Still, we fit, so that's good.

Yesterday it finally rained. The first real rain since early June. Last night was quite nasty with heavy rain and blowing winds, etc. We went over to check out the TT today, and...dry as a tiny little bone inside the trailer, and inside every compartment we could find to open and look in and touch and make sure it was dry. Now we're truly in love with our cute little TT!

Eleven days till the youngest is off to college. We can't wait to start camping again! It'll be almost like a second honeymoon!

We do have one question. It came with 2 sets of 3 keys. One if for the TT door. One is for the storage compartments. What's the 3rd key for? We can't find anything it fits and there's no number on it. Any ideas?

JJFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFerg View Post

We do have one question. It came with 2 sets of 3 keys. One if for the TT door. One is for the storage compartments. What's the 3rd key for? We can't find anything it fits and there's no number on it. Any ideas?

Is the key for the outside shower?

2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104
2011 Silverado 5.3 ~ 4X4

Great Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #3

Hi Tom - thanks for the suggestion! I'll check that tomorrow on my way home from work.

Jenn
Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #4

Congrats on your new TT. Just a suggestion, we now use two walkie talkies when backing up. All I need from my wife is to tell me if I'm going to hit something, tell me to STOP! Also, before you start and at any time if your not sure G.O.A.L. (Get Out And Look).
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #5

If it's similar to the 2109s, two of the three keys are for the exterior storage compartments and one is for the door. Not sure why they did this, but that's how mine is.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFerg View Post
the 2013 actually has the outdoor shower that I'm not sure we'll ever use, but it's there if we need it.
I thought it was useless too. We just returned from the DE beach & it was perfect for washing off sand. It didn't have much water pressure but did the job.

You might consider filling black & gray tanks to flush the plastic etc. out of them. My gray tank would not seal & I had to remove the valve, sure enough, there was some plastic stuck in it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #7

@TomT - you were bang on! Stopped by the TT on my way home tonite and the mystery key unlocks (or in my case, locks) the outdoor shower. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #8

Lightbulb

Good deal Joe . Congratulations & have fun with your new Mini Lite.

2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104
2011 Silverado 5.3 ~ 4X4

Great Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote