Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #1

Mini-Lite 1905 TV Mount

We just purchased a 2014 1905 a bout a week ago and it didn't come with the TV package installed. We figured no problem, we'd just buy a TV and order the correct mount to install ourselves. I found out which part it was and the manufacturer (through the good people on this site) and contacted the manufacturer about ordering one. They gave me the correct part number so I added it to my basket online and went to check out. Holy cow, the part was $76 but they wanted $150 shipping!! This is also US funds and I'm in Canada so the total cost for me would have been just shy of $300 Canadian, OUCH! No TV mount is worth that.

Does anyone know of an less expensive place to pick up these mounts, or finding a distributor in Canada would be ideal. Thanks.
ArcticLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #2

Try contacting a dealer that sells mini lites. They can order the part from FR and have it shipped in a new unit being delivered to them, thereby saving on shipping. Also, the mount will probably be used on other brands so you can check around to see which ones and order through them.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #3

seems like you could get the specs from the FR web site What does the mount weigh and how large a TV would come from the factory. Will the place you mount it be the same as where factory would install and of equal weight. may be you could find one local. Also our small factory installed TV came with a mount that pulled out and swiveled back and forth but did not tilt down, which is a bad option. TV looked good while you r standing up but very poor quality when sitting on the sofa. I purchased a $49 tilt mount at Best Buy and mounted it on the same support spot.

It's a nice night for an evening
woodpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I did end up giving up on the factory OEM model as everywhere I looked the pricing was nuts. Since I doubt very much we'll actually watch TV outside, I decided not to worry about finding one that slid into the outside mount and went with a swivel/tilt one off Ebay for $36 with free shipping. We'll just mount that where the factory one should have gone and call it a day.
ArcticLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:40 PM   #5

I used this:

Universal Polymer TV RV Computer Monitor Bracket 2 Piece Set Black | eBay

and it works wonderfully. I mounted it in about 10 minutes. See pic attached. Whole thing cost me under 30 with shipping. Don't order direct from manufacturer if you don't have to.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount