Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Mini Lite 2506S - Add a fireplace heater

We just purchased a new to us 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2506S. I noticed on the 2020 models, that there is an option for a fireplace heater below the TV/Entertainment center. Is it possible to order one of these from Forest River and install it in an older unit? The place where it goes has limited depth when the slide is fully in. Has anyone looked into this, yet? Would I contact Forest River, or do I need to go through a dealer?
Thanks,
John
__________________

john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:42 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
If anyone out there has a newer 2506S with the fireplace, is there a part number on it?
__________________

john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 90
eTrailer.com has a selection of fireplaces:

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=fireplace

I would guess that like all other trailer appliances they are a standard item. Get the one you like and stick it in.

Just be careful wiring. I didn't look but I assume they are all 1500W and would require a new/dedicated circuit to be run. I'll catch flack for this but if you panel is full you might be able to tap off the 20A/12 gauge AC circuit. Doubt you would run the AC and fireplace together.

Jim M.
__________________
2017 Rockwood MiniLite 2104S
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Gas
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
eTrailer.com has a selection of fireplaces:

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=fireplace

I would guess that like all other trailer appliances they are a standard item. Get the one you like and stick it in.

Just be careful wiring. I didn't look but I assume they are all 1500W and would require a new/dedicated circuit to be run. I'll catch flack for this but if you panel is full you might be able to tap off the 20A/12 gauge AC circuit. Doubt you would run the AC and fireplace together.

Jim M.
Thank you for the reply. My main concern is the clearance when the slide is closed. If it sticks out more than about 3" or so, the slide will hit it. Would it be best to just contact Forest River and see if there is a retro-fit for the older models (mine is a 2017)? Can owners call them directly for this type of thing?
john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 90
The few models I looked at on eTrailer (trying to match the picture on the Rockwood MiniLite site) are 5+ inches deep. That would mean you would need to cut the wall under the TV to move the unit back if you really only have 3" to play with.

Hopefully someone with a 2506 will respond with a model number, and a clue to how its mounted. From other post here it seems unlikely that Forest River would send you the parts, even if it was a direct replacement. Try hitting up Rockwood and see if they can give you a model number:

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/conta...gionSelected=1

Jim M.
__________________
2017 Rockwood MiniLite 2104S
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Gas
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
The few models I looked at on eTrailer (trying to match the picture on the Rockwood MiniLite site) are 5+ inches deep. That would mean you would need to cut the wall under the TV to move the unit back if you really only have 3" to play with.

Hopefully someone with a 2506 will respond with a model number, and a clue to how its mounted. From other post here it seems unlikely that Forest River would send you the parts, even if it was a direct replacement. Try hitting up Rockwood and see if they can give you a model number:

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/conta...gionSelected=1

Jim M.
I haven't measured it, but I will. Thanks for the link! I submitted my question to Rockwood.
john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by john221us View Post
I haven't measured it, but I will. Thanks for the link! I submitted my question to Rockwood.
For future readers, Rockwood replied to me. Unfortunately, the wall was moved (I assume to accommodate the fireplace), so the part they currently use will not work in my year.
__________________

john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fireplace, heater, lite, mini lite

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.


×