Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2019, 06:53 PM   #1

Mini Lite 2507 Information

Hi! I’m ordering a new 2507 on Monday and trying to finalize the order with the options that I would like. Regrettably Rockwood’s website doesn’t provide much useful information when it comes to details. If anyone can answer any of the following questions I will really appreciate it.

Is the 15,000 BTU AC only or does it also provide heat. Any idea of the model number?

Planning to get an additional Maxxfan. Can anyone tell me what partí model comes with the unit. Is it a Deluxe or a Plus?

Does anyone knows if the 2020 models have the sink in the outdoor kitchen or is it gone like on the new 2509?

I live in Florida and have limited experience with winter weather when it comes to rv’s. Is it worth it to get the heated tanks option. Will not having them be an issue in the future if I trade for another unit.

Any options that you regret getting or that you are glad to have.

Thanks!
Pollito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #2

Mine is a 2019 2507S. Attached is the "build sheet" for my TT with all the options it has. Mine came with two maxxaire fans. Don't know the model but I think that's a good option to have. Helps with ventilation when needed. They are nice large fans and do a good job. I believe the A/C is separate from the gas furnace. A/C blows through ceiling vents while furnace (hot air) comes from floor vents. I am not entirely sure whether the 2020 models did away with the outside sink and two burner cook top in favor of a capital grille. I think they did. I'm happy mine still has the sink/stove. If you're ordering build to order as opposed to one in stock, I'd suggest not getting the water purification system. It's in a stupid spot and hard to change out the filter. Might be better off just getting one of those exterior filters that hook to your hose. Heated tanks...well, that's your call. Mine has them (cuz' it came with them). If there is any reasonable chance you'll be out camping in freezing weather, then probably a good idea. Don't know that having them or not would really help much for resale/trade in down the road. I'm happy with all of my listed options except the filtration system. At some point, I'll probably by-pass it and use an outside filter. I'm not sure that the heated mattress is all that important. We haven't used it and seem to stay plenty warm in the bed. One thing to look at when you finally get your trailer is the ceiling A/C vents. Both of my front vents are almost completely plugged with foam insulation. My dealer "says" this is a common issue. It's going back to them in a couple of weeks to, hopefully, get that cleaned out.

TV- 2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 3.5 ecoboost
TT- 2019 FR Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S
Rsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #3

Sorry, forgot the build sheet:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2605.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	198849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2606.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	198850  

Old 03-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #4

I have a 2509, so take it with a grain of salt but I doubt they change much between the two when it comes to what you're asking.

The AC does not provide heat. Our 13.5k btu AC is a Coleman Mach.

I had a second max fan put on mine. Both of mine are the standard 4 speed models that don't have any bells and whistles. I believe the deluxe is 10 speed. Great addition. The air really gets moving with both on.

The 2507s at the dealer we bought from had the same outdoor kitchen. IE: No sink and the stupid capital grille.

I'd get the heated tanks, and I wish I had them. The 18s came standard with them, but the 19s don't. Had I known that, I would have added them. I'll probably add them later but that's because I dry camp when it's cold. I'd like to be able to not dry camp.

I don't think you can order them without the water filter. I believe that's a "mandatory option" which in itself makes no sense.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #5

X2 on the water filter. It's a mandatory "option."

Easy to remove, though; and you should if it's an FR1/KW1. They are notorious for cracking and flooding trailers.

Here's an FR1:

Name:   FR1 filter pic.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  4.1 KB

Here's a 67 cent 1/2" coupler from Home Depot:

Name:	half inch DURA coupling.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	198869

Here's the filter removed:

Name:	Filter replacement coupling.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	198870

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #6

Mandatory Option....there's a contradiction in terms.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #7

Our 2509s is considered a 2019 model, even though we ordered it in January of 2018. We ordered ours with all the options that have been mentioned. We got the bigger 15k btu AC, second Maxxair fan in the front and heated tank pads

We have been very happy with the camper, in large part because of those upgrades. The bigger AC and heated tanks have come in handy, and the 2 fans really help move the air around.

We have 2 kids, so we needed the bunk beds. If it was just the DW and I, we would have gone with the 2507s. It's a great couples camper for the size, with lots of nice features. I hope for your sake they build it with the sink still in the outside kitchen. We love the outside kitchen, and make use of the sink often. You won't be disappointed with a Rockwood. We love our mini lite.
TJ Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #8

Look at the " slide topper" thread, factory install if you say yes.

Tbd
2020 Trailhawk toad
Semper Fi
Pillboxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsteph View Post
Mine is a 2019 2507S. Attached is the "build sheet" for my TT with all the options it has. Mine came with two maxxaire fans. Don't know the model but I think that's a good option to have. Helps with ventilation when needed. They are nice large fans and do a good job. I believe the A/C is separate from the gas furnace. A/C blows through ceiling vents while furnace (hot air) comes from floor vents. I am not entirely sure whether the 2020 models did away with the outside sink and two burner cook top in favor of a capital grille. I think they did. I'm happy mine still has the sink/stove. If you're ordering build to order as opposed to one in stock, I'd suggest not getting the water purification system. It's in a stupid spot and hard to change out the filter. Might be better off just getting one of those exterior filters that hook to your hose. Heated tanks...well, that's your call. Mine has them (cuz' it came with them). If there is any reasonable chance you'll be out camping in freezing weather, then probably a good idea. Don't know that having them or not would really help much for resale/trade in down the road. I'm happy with all of my listed options except the filtration system. At some point, I'll probably by-pass it and use an outside filter. I'm not sure that the heated mattress is all that important. We haven't used it and seem to stay plenty warm in the bed. One thing to look at when you finally get your trailer is the ceiling A/C vents. Both of my front vents are almost completely plugged with foam insulation. My dealer "says" this is a common issue. It's going back to them in a couple of weeks to, hopefully, get that cleaned out.
Thanks a lot. We are going to go ahead with the extra Maxxair fan as well as the heated tanks to be on the safe side. I got a response from Rockwood indicating that the 2020 model has the outdoor kitchen with the sink and the two burner stove so I’m happy about that. The sink was a deal breaker for us.

If you don’t mind me asking what king of tongue weight did you get in your trailer when empty and with a full load of fresh water?
Old 03-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
I have a 2509, so take it with a grain of salt but I doubt they change much between the two when it comes to what you're asking.

The AC does not provide heat. Our 13.5k btu AC is a Coleman Mach.

I had a second max fan put on mine. Both of mine are the standard 4 speed models that don't have any bells and whistles. I believe the deluxe is 10 speed. Great addition. The air really gets moving with both on.

The 2507s at the dealer we bought from had the same outdoor kitchen. IE: No sink and the stupid capital grille.

I'd get the heated tanks, and I wish I had them. The 18s came standard with them, but the 19s don't. Had I known that, I would have added them. I'll probably add them later but that's because I dry camp when it's cold. I'd like to be able to not dry camp.

I don't think you can order them without the water filter. I believe that's a "mandatory option" which in itself makes no sense.
Thanks! Definitely going with the heated tanks and extra Maxxair fan.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Midwest View Post
Our 2509s is considered a 2019 model, even though we ordered it in January of 2018. We ordered ours with all the options that have been mentioned. We got the bigger 15k btu AC, second Maxxair fan in the front and heated tank pads

We have been very happy with the camper, in large part because of those upgrades. The bigger AC and heated tanks have come in handy, and the 2 fans really help move the air around.

We have 2 kids, so we needed the bunk beds. If it was just the DW and I, we would have gone with the 2507s. It's a great couples camper for the size, with lots of nice features. I hope for your sake they build it with the sink still in the outside kitchen. We love the outside kitchen, and make use of the sink often. You won't be disappointed with a Rockwood. We love our mini lite.
Thanks! We are going with the same options. According to Rockwood outdoor kitchen will continue with sink and two burner stove. I found a couple of 2020’s for sale online and both had the sink and two burner stove.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito View Post
Thanks a lot. We are going to go ahead with the extra Maxxair fan as well as the heated tanks to be on the safe side. I got a response from Rockwood indicating that the 2020 model has the outdoor kitchen with the sink and the two burner stove so I’m happy about that. The sink was a deal breaker for us.

If you don’t mind me asking what king of tongue weight did you get in your trailer when empty and with a full load of fresh water?
I have not weighed it for tongue weight. Forest River claims dry tongue weight of 684 lbs. I would think (guess) that fully loaded including water, you're gonna be at 1K +/-. I never tow with a water load, that's just me. Places we go always (so far) either have water at the site, or nearby so I fill up on arrival then go to the campsite.
Good to hear about the cooktop/sink on the outside kitchen. Not sure what the whole deal was with the capitol grille. Option maybe or maybe they gave up on them.
I just sprung for a Propride hitch. Yes, they're spendy as h3ll!! But I'm expecting a much smoother towing experience.

Tags
lite, mini lite