Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #41
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
What are we pulling mini lites with? I have a Geo Pro and Ford Flex TV and I'm like :O most of the time haha
Will be towing our 2511S soon with a 2014 Ford F150 4X4 3.5 EB w/HD tow package and a Equalizer WDH.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Freetyme, great to know, thank you.

How long is your flush mount extension cord for the heated mattress?
Does the extension cord plug in at the top or bottom of the mattress?
Does the mattress have an adjustable thermostat?

When we pick up our 2511S in Indiana in November, we will likely use the heated mattress on our trip back home to Nevada. I plan to have that flush mount extension cord ready for use.
Sorry for a late reply. The cord is the shortest I could find. The matress heater is centered at the head of the bed and has a number dial inline on the cord. Used it last week in mid 20°. Tried number 3 setting , too warm for me. Guess it depends how low your furnace is set.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #43
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetyme View Post
Sorry for a late reply. The cord is the shortest I could find. The matress heater is centered at the head of the bed and has a number dial inline on the cord. Used it last week in mid 20°. Tried number 3 setting , too warm for me. Guess it depends how low your furnace is set.
Thank you. Our 2511S arrived early in Indiana and we have towed it back home in Nevada. Now understand the mattress heater. We tried the mattress with the furnace on and off. The mattress sure is comfy on a low setting.

More posts to follow to share with all.

Camp4two
Old 10-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #44
Explore

Got Our Factory Ordered 2511S

DW and I recently returned home (Nevada) from Indiana with our new 2511S (newest edition). We got lucky, our trailer was ready in just over 5 weeks from placing our order on Sept. 1. A positive experience with our dealer in Indiana and we saved $1,600 in commercial transportation cost vs. our round-trip travel costs and $2,700 vs. ordering locally. We camped 7 days over our 2K mile trip back to Nevada.

We did the factory tour of the Rockwood Mini Lite Plant in Millersburg, IN to see the complete assembly process – nothing but a first class operation and highly recommend it. The tour takes about 1 to1.5 hours.

One of our best upgrades is the optional power stabilizer jacks. No more hand/drill cranking and they extend/retract in under a minute (photos).

Other 2511S options we have are:
>2 Slide toppers
>15K BTU A/C upgrade
>Stainless steel appliance package
>Raised panel maple cabinets
>Chocolate hide-a-bed sofa
>Wood look floor (Congoleum)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	190108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	190109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Model.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	190110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Name.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	190111  
Old 10-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #45
Explore

Our 2511S water inlet flanges (city water, black tank flush and antifreeze) are all plastic. Better quality RV water inlet flanges are brass.

Our former FR trailer had the same plastic flange. It got a water leak at the city water inlet the first time we attached the water hose. Dealer replaced it with a brass flange (under warranty). Never had a leak again.

Did not like our water hose kinking when attached to the water inlets behind the 2511S ladder. Did not want to keep screwing my water hose in/out of the plastic inlet flange. Eliminated both issues by adding a 90 brass elbow to the city water inlet and a 45 elbow to the black tank flush inlet (photos). Teflon taped the connection. I used brass plugs to protect the elbows from insects (PVC plugs also work).

Someday, I will replace all three plastic water inlet flanges with the better brass flanges.

Hope this mod helps anyone looking for a better water hose hookup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Elbows Connect.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	190300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose Connect.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	190301  
Old 11-03-2018, 10:00 AM   #46
Explore

Antifreeze Inlet

Has anyone used the antifreeze inlet behind the rear ladder on their 2511S?

Does the antifreeze flow to both the black and rear gray tanks?

Looks like you connect a garden hose there and pump the antifreeze in some way or use an adaptor to pour it in from a jug. It has the same inlet flange as the City Water and black tank flush inlets.

Camp4two
Old 11-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #47

Picked up our 2019 Midyear Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S on Oct 13. We were going to order through a local dealer, but we found a dealer about 2.5 hours away that had just received one configured almost exactly the way we were looking to order. Chocolate with the Theater Seating. It has the American Maple wood finish and the raised panels for the fridge. It also has the 15K AC upgrade (have to have that in Texas) and the wood look floor. Ours has the manual stabilizers. Works for me because I have heard of a number of people that had problems with the power stabilizers having issues and they are expensive to replace. We only needed to have the dealer add the slide toppers and the second MaxxAire vent in the bedroom.

Love the trailer. Makes a great couple's camper! Had a couple of minor issues, low pressure in the kitchen faucet and the LED awning light stopped working. The low pressure was caused by some construction debris clogging the screen. The awning lights was a blown fuse. Rockwood uses a 3 amp fuse, which commonly causes issues. Dealer replaced with a 5 amp fuse, so it still provides reasonable protection. One thing to note, evidently the fuse is behind the indicator/control panel, not in the fuse box. Don't get me started on the poor documentation available to owners.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with MAX Towing and Texan pkgs.
2019 Mid Year Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2016 Rockwood High Wall HW276 (2016 - 2018)
sctheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #48

Quote:
Has anyone used the antifreeze inlet behind the rear ladder on their 2511S?

Does the antifreeze flow to both the black and rear gray tanks?

Looks like you connect a garden hose there and pump the antifreeze in some way or use an adaptor to pour it in from a jug. It has the same inlet flange as the City Water and black tank flush inlets.

Camp4two
You have to switch your water pump suction from your fresh water tank to the AF connection. Then your pump will suck the AF from your gallon jug into your piping. It does NOT go to your tanks. Make sure you isolate your water heater first: you don't want to fill it with AF. Put "winterizing" in the search field at the top of this page and you'll get lots of threads on how it works. Or go to the Library tab and look under plumbing.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #49
Explore

Thank you Rockfordroo, that helps.

Upon digging through my FR bag of literature on our 2511S I came across this Commonly Asked Questions sheet. No. 5 “How to winterize the water lines” seems to be a comprehensive explanation using compressed air first, followed by using the outside antifreeze port (inlet). The sheet applies to Mini Lite, Ultra Lite and Roo trailers. I dated the sheet October 2018, the month we took delivery. Click on the image to expand it.

Any tips/helpful information to No. 5 are appreciated. My first time using the outside antifreeze inlet method.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Commonly Asked Questions.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	520.7 KB
ID:	190633  
Old 11-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #50

Quote:
Thank you Rockfordroo, that helps.

Upon digging through my FR bag of literature on our 2511S I came across this Commonly Asked Questions sheet. No. 5 “How to winterize the water lines” seems to be a comprehensive explanation using compressed air first, followed by using the outside antifreeze port (inlet). The sheet applies to Mini Lite, Ultra Lite and Roo trailers. I dated the sheet October 2018, the month we took delivery. Click on the image to expand it.

Any tips/helpful information to No. 5 are appreciated. My first time using the outside antifreeze inlet method.
There are a number of ways the water heater is plumbed, so bypassing will be different. I'm attaching a generic plumbing diagram that shows (page 2) a number of ways the manufacturers have plumbed the water heater.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Plumbing pic.pdf (125.1 KB, 144 views)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #51
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctheis View Post
Picked up our 2019 Midyear Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S on Oct 13. We were going to order through a local dealer, but we found a dealer about 2.5 hours away that had just received one configured almost exactly the way we were looking to order. Chocolate with the Theater Seating. It has the American Maple wood finish and the raised panels for the fridge. It also has the 15K AC upgrade (have to have that in Texas) and the wood look floor. Ours has the manual stabilizers. Works for me because I have heard of a number of people that had problems with the power stabilizers having issues and they are expensive to replace. We only needed to have the dealer add the slide toppers and the second MaxxAire vent in the bedroom.

Love the trailer. Makes a great couple's camper! Had a couple of minor issues, low pressure in the kitchen faucet and the LED awning light stopped working. The low pressure was caused by some construction debris clogging the screen. The awning lights was a blown fuse. Rockwood uses a 3 amp fuse, which commonly causes issues. Dealer replaced with a 5 amp fuse, so it still provides reasonable protection. One thing to note, evidently the fuse is behind the indicator/control panel, not in the fuse box. Don't get me started on the poor documentation available to owners.
Congratulations on your new 2511S. DW and I really like this mid-year trailer, great floorplan, privacy bedroom and lots of storage. Glad to know about the 3 amp fuses and awning lights fuse location. A fuse you want to have some spares for is the tongue jack in line fuse. You blow a fuse there you will be manual cranking. Hasn't happened yet, but I keep a couple spares.

Agree the documentation could be much better. No owners manual specific to a Rockwood model is one of my pet peeves. Also spent a lot of time sorting out the warranties that needed to be registered on-line.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #52
Explore

Winterizing a 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S Video

This video on winterizing a 2018 Mini Lite 2509S will also apply to our 2511S.

1. Our 2511S has the same water heater and same three valves to bypass the hot water heater as you see in the video. The three valves are accessed by removing the bottom kitchen drawers.

2. The one valve near the water pump you see in the video is located in our 2511S bathroom in the small cabinet door, bottom right corner. Open the door and remove the cover panel to access the valve, water filter and pump. The one valve is located in the back, behind the water filter, near the pump.

I plan to refer to the video when the time comes to winterize our 2511S.

Camp4two
Old 11-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #53

Hey Camp4two,

What do you think about the Hide a Bed? I understand some changes were recently made with it, though I don't know what they were. Do you think 2 adults could actually get a reasonable night's sleep on it? Is space sufficient getting around with the bed folded out? We can not seem to find one close by with the hab to go look at...
Red Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #54
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Arrow View Post
Hey Camp4two,

What do you think about the Hide a Bed? I understand some changes were recently made with it, though I don't know what they were. Do you think 2 adults could actually get a reasonable night's sleep on it? Is space sufficient getting around with the bed folded out? We can not seem to find one close by with the hab to go look at...
We bought the HAB primarily to have another bed area in the trailer. We have not slept on it but we both stretched out and found it supportive. I’m 6’ 188 lbs., DW is 5’2 105 lbs. We both feel adults or kids could sleep on it. It folds out very easy, small storage underneath to put bedding and a blanket.

I don’t have a photo of our HAB folded out, but plenty of room to get past it walking to either end of the trailer. This link has photos of the pre-July 2511S HAB sofa and also shows it folded out.

https://www.haylettautoandrv.com/rv/...ini+lite+2511s

Only difference we know is that our chocolate HAB is a little darker than the one you see in the above link. It comes with a nice long folding table (you will see it in the link), but it is very heavy so we are looking for a lighter one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4 Interior.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	190747  
Old 11-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #55

Got it thanks!
Red Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #56
Explore

Low Point Drain Plugs

My factory supplied two low point black drain plugs each have a tapered grommet inside to stop the water from leaking when you close the plugs. Not knowing the about the grommets I unscrewed the plugs all the way off and one grommet fell to the ground (lost), the other grommet was up inside the drain hose fitting. I could not use my city water or fresh water tank with the missing grommet. Had to make an emergency run from the RV Park to Home Depot and found a tapered grommet to temporarily stop the water leak.

Dealer sent me two new white plugs, a different type that shows the grommet attached inside the plug. If your low point drain plugs are like the black ones in the photo, be aware the grommet may fall out. If your plugs are like the white ones your grommet should stay in place.

I ordered two more spare white plugs. A cheap fix should one of my low point drain plugs leak from a worn out/cracked grommet. Might want to check your low point drain plugs to see which type you have.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2511S Low Point Drain Plugs Compare.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	190997  
Old 11-08-2018, 07:35 PM   #57

I replaced my plugs/caps with pvc shut off valves. In our 2016 2504s they are NOT pipe thread. The only valves our local Lowe’s had were pipe thread. I put several rounds of Teflon tape on the part that is exposed when the caps are pulled off. 2years no leaks. Another option would be to use a pex tool to put valves right on the ends of the lines. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #58
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
I replaced my plugs/caps with pvc shut off valves. In our 2016 2504s they are NOT pipe thread. The only valves our local Lowe’s had were pipe thread. I put several rounds of Teflon tape on the part that is exposed when the caps are pulled off. 2years no leaks. Another option would be to use a pex tool to put valves right on the ends of the lines. Jay
Jay, Great idea. Didn't think of PVC shut off valves and teflon tape. Much better than unscrewing those two caps every drain. Lowes now has this 3/4" PVC valve. Is it similar what you are using?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PVC Valve.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	191016  
Old 11-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #59

Quote:
Jay, Great idea. Didn't think of PVC shut off valves and teflon tape. Much better than unscrewing those two caps every drain. Lowes now has this 3/4" PVC valve. Is it similar what you are using?
Really like the idea of valves on the low point drains. Could also be rigged as another external water source as 1 forum member had done. Sure, there is an outside shower, but a garden hose connection there may be handy sometimes. Just a thought.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #60

That valve is like what I am using. Not 100% sure on it being 3/4, but that sounds right. Just take a cap in the store with you and match it up. They are aware of the thread difference but had very little in stock at the time I got my valves. Sorry I can’t remember the name of the new thread,but it doesn’t get bigger like National Pipe Thread. Because my drains are right behind the rear tire, I bought a couple of plugs and put them in hand tight after the valves to keep the dirt out. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite