Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
HikerBob
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 131
Mini-lite etc survival

We have a 2011 Rockwood Mini-lite etc 181. We are very happy with it so far, and have had it on the road for more than 150 nights since 10/2011 without any serious problems. However, we are wondering why Rockwood (Forest River) discontinued the single axle version. Anyone have an answer?
__________________

__________________
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,731
The 1901, 1905 and 1907 are all single axle.

The 1901 looks very similar to yours:

http://www.bodilyrv.com/travel-trail...ni-lite/310774
__________________

__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:05 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jhochst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 192
Yup, 1905 single axle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435316703.879955.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	81163


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #4
HikerBob
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
The 1901, 1905 and 1907 are all single axle.

The 1901 looks very similar to yours:

New 2015 Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite 1901 Travel Trailer For Sale - Bodily RV
Our TV is a Lexus RX300, and we couldn't tow the heavier models, though I do like the change in the bed arrangement...should be a lot easier to make and get in and out of.
Our floor is getting soft over the fresh water tank, but I understand that's because it is supported on 4 ft.+ centers and there's no way to support it in that location. Guess we will have to live with it, since replacing is out of the question.
__________________
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:25 AM   #5
HikerBob
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhochst View Post
Yup, 1905 single axle.

Attachment 81163


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
What is your tow vehicle - the one shown in the photo?
__________________
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Briorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikerBob View Post
Our floor is getting soft over the fresh water tank, but I understand that's because it is supported on 4 ft.+ centers and there's no way to support it in that location. Guess we will have to live with it, since replacing is out of the question.

I really like the Mini-Lites / Micro- Lites. But this floor bracing and softening of the floor has made me to rethink any future purchase, unless they redesign the frame. I have read other stories about the concern for the floor long term. It has the perfect layout for a couple, maybe they will rethink the frame layout if they get enough complaints.
__________________
Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jhochst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 192
Mini-lite etc survival

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikerBob View Post
What is your tow vehicle - the one shown in the photo?

2011 Dodge Durango 5.7 v8. Pulls great. Has factory tow package. I can pass up large hill. Ha


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Jhochst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
I really like the Mini-Lites / Micro- Lites. But this floor bracing and softening of the floor has made me to rethink any future purchase, unless they redesign the frame. I have read other stories about the concern for the floor long term. It has the perfect layout for a couple, maybe they will rethink the frame layout if they get enough complaints.

I had an old Tt that did that. I had square tubing welded under. Worked great. Camper was out of warranty also


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Briorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhochst View Post
I had an old Tt that did that. I had square tubing welded under. Worked great. Camper was out of warranty also


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Great idea Jhochst. That would definitely do the trick! And also add some much needed peace of mind too. I'm a 250 lb. 6'2" tall guy and the last thing I would need is too end up with my feet, through the floor, on the pavement.

That's a mod idea I will definitely be saving.
__________________
Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jhochst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 192
I went to a guy who welds. I got receiver hitch stock for next to nothing. Heavy duty. It was bent a little. He could not use. Cost me a beer or 2 for neighbors help. Solid as a rock


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.