Old 06-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Minilite antenna question?

Just got a 2014 2306 and have a few questions that are probably already answered on his forum. Does the tv antenna on these units have a booster? My tv inside my house has a $9.00 rca rabbit ear hooked up and will recieve 15 or more channels. My camper parked at my house with antenna raised will only get 3 channels in what ever direction i aim it. I do set the tv to air and run all channel scan. Am I missing something I could install or upgrade? I do have one of the boxes that would allow old tv's to accept hd. I haven't tried using it yet as i know there not needed with a hd tv. Thanks

Old 06-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #2

I don't have your TT but my Mini does have booster. Look for the panel under the TV where the cable plugs in from the TV. There is a small almost invisible button that you need to press. I get a small green light near it when it is on.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
I don't have your TT but my Mini does have booster. Look for the panel under the TV where the cable plugs in from the TV. There is a small almost invisible button that you need to press. I get a small green light near it when it is on.
X2

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #4

Thanks so much! You sure are right about almost invisible! I pulled tv out from wall enough to see behind it and yep its little black button where coax hooks up. Light turn green, done scan all and now get over 20 channels. More than I get in my house. After reading on here and learning a wingman may help UHF think it's worth it or if I have room for it? I guess my antenna doesn't have it cause it looks like a standard sensar without a wing sticking off the side.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #5

Another note. If you connect to a cable system, available in some CG's, the booster must be turned off (green light off).

The wingman is an element which extents from the front of the standard antenna, and improves the UHF reception for HD channels.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
Moderators' Assistant

another example of a poor dealer PDI!

this is a basic thing that should have been covered during it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #7

i have a 2014 2104s and it does have a booster but reception is not that better with it turned on. i have a cheap little indoor non powered hd antenna that seems to work better.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
i have a 2014 2104s and it does have a booster but reception is not that better with it turned on. i have a cheap little indoor non powered hd antenna that seems to work better.
Check your cable end connectors, mine were/are loose. You should see a big difference on OTA reception with boost turned on. Most likely just more channels or less pixelation of current stations.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #9

All my connections were loose also from the factory. I went one step further and purchased a King antenna, and now I get 30 some channels.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #10

Connections are good here but do these 2014 mini 2306 come with the wingman built in? Im also having a problem with the thermostat being mounted too close to the side of fridge an making it a pita to regulate temperature cause of the warmth from fridge. Thermostat reads 78 when everywhere else is 71 in camper. Im unsure how to insulate or even get in behind the small area where tv, genesis, thermostat is mounted. Anyone familiar or have same problem?

Tags
antenna