Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #41

matt, love the pics, again, that adorable daughter makes me smile! love seeing the spanish moss on the trees!! did you have to stop on the side of the road and take a picture of the truck and camper?? LOL!
i was talking about the tires on the tow vehicle, but our wheels are 18" and 3.55 gears- and 13 inch on the trailer- and we have a ford, not a dodge- i dont think we are going to have any problems towing.
good to know about the shower head leaking, will have to be on the lookout for that-and a very good idea to get on of those shower rods, we have one in our home, didnt think of that in the camper. thanks for posting the pictures!! makes us so jealous! LOL
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtovn View Post
matt, love the pics, again, that adorable daughter makes me smile! love seeing the spanish moss on the trees!! did you have to stop on the side of the road and take a picture of the truck and camper?? LOL!
i was talking about the tires on the tow vehicle, but our wheels are 18" and 3.55 gears- and 13 inch on the trailer- and we have a ford, not a dodge- i dont think we are going to have any problems towing.
good to know about the shower head leaking, will have to be on the lookout for that-and a very good idea to get on of those shower rods, we have one in our home, didnt think of that in the camper. thanks for posting the pictures!! makes us so jealous! LOL
Thanks Ami,
Yes I had to take a picture of the truck and camper on the side of the road - was trying to get the background of the park in there as well so I can say I was there

stock tires or larger then stock tires on 18" rims and 3.55 gears -

If they are the stock sized tires - you should be ok - might suffer in gas mileage due to the gears but cant be no worse then mine

If the tires are larger then stock as in 35" tires - it will suck that gas down pretty fast and probably lug or shift in and out of gears alot
- keep in mind I do not know fords vey well and am only guessing on that so once you get the camper and take it out and get the feel for how the tow vehicle is going to be - let me know what it is doing and I will give you some options to help you along

at 55 I average about 10 mpg with my setup. Keep in mind I also do not go up hills either which will make a big diffrence.

Since I changed to 35 inch all terrain tires my gas mileage overall isnt really that great - no camper I average 12 to 14 highway at around 70 or 75 mph and 11 to 12 city

with the camper I average around 9ish city and 10 highway - and it really depends on how fast I go - with camper is not more then say 60 but try to keep it at around 55
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #43

i dont know if my husband is going to be able to handle driving 55 mph...lol, i think when the gas starts going down, he will learn to get used to it. hahahha!! thanks again!!
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #44

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
I just got back from my First "real" trip with my TT
I have a few things to work out but overall was a very pleasant experiance

I am going to put a diffrent shower head and shower curtain rod also - the head leaks even when the button to stop water is pushed and while taking a shower the curtain grabs you so gonna put one of the half rounded rods on to push the curtain away from you when in the shower.
That's good to know! I'll purchase two shower heads for the camper one for the outside shower and the inside... my outside shower head also leaks (and the outside faucet does not turn off the water completely). Guess I could get a new one through the FR factory warranty, but would end up replacing it again if the quality of the fixture is the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	5052   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0525.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	5053  
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl

That's good to know! I'll purchase two shower heads for the camper one for the outside shower and the inside... my outside shower head also leaks (and the outside faucet does not turn off the water completely). Guess I could get a new one through the FR factory warranty, but would end up replacing it again if the quality of the fixture is the same.
Nice truck and TT..what model is that?
toadswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #46
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
If any of you 2306 owners would check this out and let me know if yours does this as well or some dufus miswired it - when I am connected to shore power and the turn the light on the top bunk the fan in the power center turns on and off when you flick the light on and off - it doesnt do it on battery power.
Matt, did this happen only when you turned on this particular switch? I find that the fan will come one depending upon how many things are on in my unit - i.e., how much total electrical draw (load) is running thru the converter at any given time. The fan will start with so many lights on, and then cycle faster as I turn on more. It is not just dependent upon what particular light is turned on.

BTW - looks like you are providing your cute little girl with a great experience!

Charlie
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl View Post
Hey Darren
I see you got your TT - looks nice - I forgot the flagstaff micro lite looked like the Mini Lite 2306

check this out - when you hook your trailer to shore power turn on the top bunk light and see if the fan in the power center turns on - mine does it only hooked to the 30amps - not on battery power - let me know if your's does it

I have other things I am gonna change - like adding one of those half circled shower curtain rods to keep the shower curtin off of you when showering - I hate it when the shower curtain sticks to you since there really isny alot of room to move

I am also thinking of possibly moving the medicine cabinet to behind the toilet if possible - it makes it very hard to use the sink without hitting your head

So far I love my trailer but want to change a few small things around
Old 03-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_n_Kath View Post
Matt, did this happen only when you turned on this particular switch? I find that the fan will come one depending upon how many things are on in my unit - i.e., how much total electrical draw (load) is running thru the converter at any given time. The fan will start with so many lights on, and then cycle faster as I turn on more. It is not just dependent upon what particular light is turned on.

BTW - looks like you are providing your cute little girl with a great experience!

Charlie
Hey Charlie
thanks - you should check out my first trip thread to Kissimmee Praire Preserve state park http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-fl-11616.html
- I did have the A/C running and one other light but it seemed like only that light turned the fan on and off

I will have to check that out and turn off everything and see if that makes a diffrence - I was thinking they wired something wrong - in which case I hope not and you now have given me something to look at and verify
Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadswife View Post
Nice truck and TT..what model is that?
TT is 2011 Flagstaff ML 23 LB
TV is 2004 Nissan Titan w/ Off Road and Tow package (truck is stock with upgraded LT tires)

Handled the camper great! Wind gusts hit 50 mph on this trip --- that pinned the ears pack on the rig a bit.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #50

Quote:
Hey Darren

check this out - when you hook your trailer to shore power turn on the top bunk light and see if the fan in the power center turns on - mine does it only hooked to the 30amps - not on battery power - let me know if your's does it

I am also thinking of possibly moving the medicine cabinet to behind the toilet if possible - it makes it very hard to use the sink without hitting your head

So far I love my trailer but want to change a few small things around
Matt

Will do.... I'll pull the camper out in a couple of weeks and see if this occurs.

Also noticed the awkward location of the sink/medicine cabinet. It was fine for our 11 year old though../

Another 'fix' I need to figure out is the silverware drawer... rolling down the road, it'll slide out. To remedy this - I used a piece of string to tie the drawer to the faucet.... there's got to be a better solution. I tried adjusting the 'drawer slides' and it does not work to hold the draw in place.

BTW -- We have not used the shower yet. That modified shower curtain rod might be the TiCKET.

We are very pleased with this camper! It'll suit our needs nicely.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #51

Quote:
Matt

Will do.... I'll pull the camper out in a couple of weeks and see if this occurs.

Also noticed the awkward location of the sink/medicine cabinet. It was fine for our 11 year old though../

Another 'fix' I need to figure out is the silverware drawer... rolling down the road, it'll slide out. To remedy this - I used a piece of string to tie the drawer to the faucet.... there's got to be a better solution. I tried adjusting the 'drawer slides' and it does not work to hold the draw in place.

BTW -- We have not used the shower yet. That modified shower curtain rod might be the TiCKET.

We are very pleased with this camper! It'll suit our needs nicely.
No rush - just figured I would ask and see if anyone else had or has the same deal - which may or may not be an issue (am hoping it isnt)

your 11 year old didnt have an issue and my 4 year old didnt have an issue either - maybe they made it that way for short people and I mean short

I never noticed my utensil drawer coming out unless I went down a dirt road that was bumpy (Dam GPS) - I bet if you look at the hasp piece you could probably pick one up at camping world with a tighter fitting to keep it closed - tieing off to the sink doesnt sound like a solid solution - hate to see it break the plastic neckoff and then it would be a mess
Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #52
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Darren, I had a similar issue with two drawers. Despite adjusting the slides at the front (moving the white tensioner up or down) the drawers kept opening. I realized that the location of the white tensioner itself was too far forward. So, I re-positioned each of the slide pieces attached to each drawer back slightly about the width of a medium sized screwdriver head - using a very old set of 'feeler gauges' that were still in my toolbox from when you had to set points in a distributor(!) as the 'depth gauge.' Anyway, by moving the slide attached to the drawer back slightly, it resulted in the 'tensioner' being in the right place to 'lock' into the catch in the other portion of the slide and I could adjust the tensioner to make the drawer lock while closed. Now, no more opening drawer problems.

Charlie
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #53
(Kim)

Quote:
No rush - just figured I would ask and see if anyone else had or has the same deal - which may or may not be an issue (am hoping it isnt)

your 11 year old didnt have an issue and my 4 year old didnt have an issue either - maybe they made it that way for short people and I mean short

I never noticed my utensil drawer coming out unless I went down a dirt road that was bumpy (Dam GPS) - I bet if you look at the hasp piece you could probably pick one up at camping world with a tighter fitting to keep it closed - tieing off to the sink doesnt sound like a solid solution - hate to see it break the plastic neckoff and then it would be a mess
Excuse me?

"Coughs loudly and clears throat"
Watch who you are calling 'short' xD! I'm 5'2 and it seems at the perfect height!
Maybe you all are too tall!!!!
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Excuse me?

"Coughs loudly and clears throat"
Watch who you are calling 'short' xD! I'm 5'2 and it seems at the perfect height!
Maybe you all are too tall!!!!
Did I ruffle your feather's there deary

I never said there was anything wrong with being short - sometimes being short can have it's advantages like not hitting you head on low overhangs in door ways

I am 5'11 and isnt too tall - well maybe too tall for the sink and shower in my camper since when I lean over the sink I hit the medicine cabinet and my head is almost in the skylight in the tub
Old 03-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #55
(Kim)

;p It takes a h*#l of alot more than that to ruffle these feathers
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
;p It takes a h*#l of alot more than that to ruffle these feathers
Good to know
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #57

Regardihg the drawers there is a clip under the drawer to keep the drawer in place when the drawer is closed and it is adjustable. But this clip is causing the drawer to scrape when you open it specially when the drawer is loaded. It is very annoying because of these nice roller slides are so quiet and smooth when this crazy clip is removed. I took a few of these clips off and I did not noticed that the drawers are opening when travelling. And yes without the clips they are extremely quiet and butter smooth when you open them.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_n_Kath View Post
Darren, I had a similar issue with two drawers. Despite adjusting the slides at the front (moving the white tensioner up or down) the drawers kept opening. I realized that the location of the white tensioner itself was too far forward. So, I re-positioned each of the slide pieces attached to each drawer back slightly about the width of a medium sized screwdriver head - using a very old set of 'feeler gauges' that were still in my toolbox from when you had to set points in a distributor(!) as the 'depth gauge.' Anyway, by moving the slide attached to the drawer back slightly, it resulted in the 'tensioner' being in the right place to 'lock' into the catch in the other portion of the slide and I could adjust the tensioner to make the drawer lock while closed. Now, no more opening drawer problems.

Charlie

Charlie -- Thanks for the input! Next time I'm tinkering on the camper, I'll give this fix a tumble. My string around the kitchen sink is not the long term solution for this little problem...

BTW -- it was great seeing the photos of your outing with your grand-daughter! camping memories last a lifetime!

See you around the camp fire!

Darren

Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

My 2106:

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #60

Revrnd

I notice you have cargo straps between the awning and what looks like tent hooks? How did you manage to connect to the awning?

I have a 2011 Mini lite 2502s and it has a 20 ft awning and while I have not had a bad experience I recently watched as a couple of wind gusts lifted the awning without much effort. The straps certainly would ad strength and stability.

Best regards,

S Cannon
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502s
Ford Explorer Sports Trac 4x4 4.6 Ltr. V8
Equalizer WDH -Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Controller
Nights Camped to Date in 2011 - 150
SCannon is offline   Reply With Quote