Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl View Post
Matt

Will do.... I'll pull the camper out in a couple of weeks and see if this occurs.

Also noticed the awkward location of the sink/medicine cabinet. It was fine for our 11 year old though../

Another 'fix' I need to figure out is the silverware drawer... rolling down the road, it'll slide out. To remedy this - I used a piece of string to tie the drawer to the faucet.... there's got to be a better solution. I tried adjusting the 'drawer slides' and it does not work to hold the draw in place.

BTW -- We have not used the shower yet. That modified shower curtain rod might be the TiCKET.

We are very pleased with this camper! It'll suit our needs nicely.
No rush - just figured I would ask and see if anyone else had or has the same deal - which may or may not be an issue (am hoping it isnt)

your 11 year old didnt have an issue and my 4 year old didnt have an issue either - maybe they made it that way for short people and I mean short

I never noticed my utensil drawer coming out unless I went down a dirt road that was bumpy (Dam GPS) - I bet if you look at the hasp piece you could probably pick one up at camping world with a tighter fitting to keep it closed - tieing off to the sink doesnt sound like a solid solution - hate to see it break the plastic neckoff and then it would be a mess

USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #52
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl View Post
Another 'fix' I need to figure out is the silverware drawer... rolling down the road, it'll slide out. To remedy this - I used a piece of string to tie the drawer to the faucet.... there's got to be a better solution. I tried adjusting the 'drawer slides' and it does not work to hold the draw in place.
Darren, I had a similar issue with two drawers. Despite adjusting the slides at the front (moving the white tensioner up or down) the drawers kept opening. I realized that the location of the white tensioner itself was too far forward. So, I re-positioned each of the slide pieces attached to each drawer back slightly about the width of a medium sized screwdriver head - using a very old set of 'feeler gauges' that were still in my toolbox from when you had to set points in a distributor(!) as the 'depth gauge.' Anyway, by moving the slide attached to the drawer back slightly, it resulted in the 'tensioner' being in the right place to 'lock' into the catch in the other portion of the slide and I could adjust the tensioner to make the drawer lock while closed. Now, no more opening drawer problems.

Charlie

2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #53
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
No rush - just figured I would ask and see if anyone else had or has the same deal - which may or may not be an issue (am hoping it isnt)

your 11 year old didnt have an issue and my 4 year old didnt have an issue either - maybe they made it that way for short people and I mean short

I never noticed my utensil drawer coming out unless I went down a dirt road that was bumpy (Dam GPS) - I bet if you look at the hasp piece you could probably pick one up at camping world with a tighter fitting to keep it closed - tieing off to the sink doesnt sound like a solid solution - hate to see it break the plastic neckoff and then it would be a mess
Excuse me?

"Coughs loudly and clears throat"
Watch who you are calling 'short' xD! I'm 5'2 and it seems at the perfect height!
Maybe you all are too tall!!!!
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Excuse me?

"Coughs loudly and clears throat"
Watch who you are calling 'short' xD! I'm 5'2 and it seems at the perfect height!
Maybe you all are too tall!!!!
Did I ruffle your feather's there deary

I never said there was anything wrong with being short - sometimes being short can have it's advantages like not hitting you head on low overhangs in door ways

I am 5'11 and isnt too tall - well maybe too tall for the sink and shower in my camper since when I lean over the sink I hit the medicine cabinet and my head is almost in the skylight in the tub
Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #55
(Kim)

;p It takes a h*#l of alot more than that to ruffle these feathers
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
;p It takes a h*#l of alot more than that to ruffle these feathers
Good to know
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #57

Regardihg the drawers there is a clip under the drawer to keep the drawer in place when the drawer is closed and it is adjustable. But this clip is causing the drawer to scrape when you open it specially when the drawer is loaded. It is very annoying because of these nice roller slides are so quiet and smooth when this crazy clip is removed. I took a few of these clips off and I did not noticed that the drawers are opening when travelling. And yes without the clips they are extremely quiet and butter smooth when you open them.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #58

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_n_Kath View Post
Darren, I had a similar issue with two drawers. Despite adjusting the slides at the front (moving the white tensioner up or down) the drawers kept opening. I realized that the location of the white tensioner itself was too far forward. So, I re-positioned each of the slide pieces attached to each drawer back slightly about the width of a medium sized screwdriver head - using a very old set of 'feeler gauges' that were still in my toolbox from when you had to set points in a distributor(!) as the 'depth gauge.' Anyway, by moving the slide attached to the drawer back slightly, it resulted in the 'tensioner' being in the right place to 'lock' into the catch in the other portion of the slide and I could adjust the tensioner to make the drawer lock while closed. Now, no more opening drawer problems.

Charlie

Charlie -- Thanks for the input! Next time I'm tinkering on the camper, I'll give this fix a tumble. My string around the kitchen sink is not the long term solution for this little problem...

BTW -- it was great seeing the photos of your outing with your grand-daughter! camping memories last a lifetime!

See you around the camp fire!

Darren

Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

My 2106:

Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #60

Revrnd

I notice you have cargo straps between the awning and what looks like tent hooks? How did you manage to connect to the awning?

I have a 2011 Mini lite 2502s and it has a 20 ft awning and while I have not had a bad experience I recently watched as a couple of wind gusts lifted the awning without much effort. The straps certainly would ad strength and stability.

Best regards,

S Cannon
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502s
Ford Explorer Sports Trac 4x4 4.6 Ltr. V8
Equalizer WDH -Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Controller
Nights Camped to Date in 2011 - 150
SCannon is offline   Reply With Quote