Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #1

Question Minimum Carpet???

Hi all....

I have been reading here on the forum for a few days and REALLY glad I found it. You guys have got some really good info here!

My wife and I will be ordering a new 8313SS next week and the only option that I am not completly sure about is the "minimum carpet". We are looking at buying from a local dealer and all of the one's he had in stock all had this option. So the question is....what if you DON'T have this option?? How much more of the floor is really covered in carpet?

On the 8313SS the bedroom and bunk room along with the area directly in front of the sofa and dinnette were all carpeted in his "minimum" units....I don't see where you could have any more carpet than he has in those.

Also, really thinking about getting the atrium slide. Just saw a thread that touched on this and think it would be great. Anybody have this on an 8313SS??

Thanks and I look forward to hanging out here often!
AchenarSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #2

We have the 831KRSS unit. We had a few issues with it and it was sent back to the Mfg. while it was there we had them remove some rug area, camping gets dirty , expecialy after it rains and with two dogs and two boys the rug area got very dirty, so now we have less rug and so far it is working out great. Very easy to clean. About your Atrium question, I meet people who have them and they do like it, however they told me that you do lose soem heat and A/C with it. Hope this helps.
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #3

we have a 2008 8315SS. it has the minimum carpet option.most of the living area has woodgrain linoleum. wife likes it because it is easy to keep clean. carpet is along the front of the slideout and in the bedroom. also the atrium windows give a nice open feeling,also it gives our 2 westie dogs the oportunity to lay on the floor under the dining table and watch all the activity outside. never noticed any effect on A/C or heat loss.if you look at the rockwood brochure,it shows the 8313SS with minimum carpet in the floorplan page
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

Absolutely... go for the minimum carpet option, especially with kids, dogs, trips to the beach and so on. The carpet they put in these things is not all that great to begin with, and mud and dirt will be tracked in from any campsite. This will ruin a carpet in short order.

See my pics of the trailer with minimum carpet in my albums on this site. To answer your question, on my floor plan everything would have been carpeted except the kitchen and a little spot in front of the door. I think the minimum carpet looks great, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0228feb28randomstuff0007.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1634   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0228feb28randomstuff0003.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1635  

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #5

Thumbs up

As always, you guys are great! Thanks for the quick replys. I had not really thought about the "cleaning" part!

Thanks again!
AchenarSouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood