Old 12-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
rip

Thanks Dfskinner for the 2809 feedback here and message. I really appreciate that.

And thanks Dave for reinforcing what Lou said. I'll feedback how my salesman does Monday. I have three friends who have said positive things about my dealer RV Station, but they purchased off the lot not by an order.

My order will be finished right before the March annual year change mentioned on another thread. Don't know if that has any effect. I was hoping this was a slow time of year for incoming orders. Don't really know since customers can't communicate with Forest River. -ray

Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
My order will be finished right before the March annual year change mentioned on another thread. Don't know if that has any effect. I was hoping this was a slow time of year for incoming orders. Don't really know since customers can't communicate with Forest River. -ray
Too bad you couldn't have delayed placement of the order so that the build date would be a 2014 model. We didn't know either and had a build date in Feb. The impact would be further down the road when you sell it as it would have one year less depreciation and would command a higher price.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Too bad you couldn't have delayed placement of the order so that the build date would be a 2014 model. We didn't know either and had a build date in Feb. The impact would be further down the road when you sell it as it would have one year less depreciation and would command a higher price.

Dave
I could have delayed, I was in no particular rush. I think I have that rush feeling now that I've placed the order. Earlier this year, dealers seemed more eager to deal on 2011 and 2012's than 2013, little bargaining on an order. At least that's what I felt. -ray
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
rip

Well, the dealer's FR rep replied that they could not mix standard carpet in one room and minimum carpet option in the other room without charging more for a special order. So, that's it for now. I opted for no additional costs.

He did share something about minimum carpet that was exciting. I'll share it when I see what it looks like. More to come. -ray
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Well, the dealer's FR rep replied that they could not mix standard carpet in one room and minimum carpet option in the other room without charging more for a special order. So, that's it for now. I opted for no additional costs.

He did share something about minimum carpet that was exciting. I'll share it when I see what it looks like. More to come. -ray
I figured any modifications would be extra cost. Believe me when I say that getting it like you want it from the factory (for a few bucks more) is way better than being upset you did not do it a year from now.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
rip

Thanks Lou, it was one of those things that I felt would look/feel good but be less practical. Since FR was not going to make it easy, that just swung me back to my practical side. Standard carpet and the minimum carpet option are both free on this model. Maybe they'll think about it and decide mixing them among the two rooms wasn't really a big deal. I just thought it looked neat on the one in a dealer video.

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags