Old 01-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #21

We love our Murphy bed option in our 2306. Make sure they show you the correct way to raise and lower it. There is a pull lever that is not easy to spot at first.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #22

It is not possible to pass through when the slide is in on the 2503S. Not sure why you would have a need. Because of the second exterior door you can access the bathroom and refrigerator when the slide is in.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #23

We were first looking at the 2104, because we saw online that the length limit at one of our favorite places was 22 feet. I called to see how strict that was, and found out they've lowered the limit to 16 feet! (The PUP we have now is 17 feet.) So now we're thinking as long as the 2104 doesn't meet the requirement, we might as well look at the 2304KS. The U-dinette is "sexier," but I think the, um, I-shaped one is probably easier to get in and out of anyway. (It's what we have in the PUP.)
Old 01-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #24

We picked up our first TT today, the Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s! We love it and can't wait for spring to get here! We would have spent the night in it, but it's going to be in the teens and I don't think the little ones would have liked it that much.

Thank you to all that have posted on this forum. Your thoughts and opinions prepared me for today. I plan on continuing to use this forum as a tool and hope that I can provide helpful info to others as well.

I was very pleased with the ease of towing this unit. It was my first time towing something other than a small utility trailer. It was about a 37 mile drive home from the dealer and was on everything from the interstate to hilly back roads. My 2012 F150 supercab (extended cab) 5.0 v8 performed great, with 10.8 mpg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422418078002.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	68947  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #25

Cool picture! Congrats from KY.

We close on a new MicroLite 25KS this Saturday. Similar unit, but no bunks. Looks like you got the extra exterior access to under the sofa. Does yours have the slide out tray under the sofa?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #26

Thank you! Congrats on your new TT as well. Yes it has the slide out tray. Its a nice accessory.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTKE2015 View Post
We picked up our first TT today, the Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s! We love it and can't wait for spring to get here! We would have spent the night in it, but it's going to be in the teens and I don't think the little ones would have liked it that much.

Thank you to all that have posted on this forum. Your thoughts and opinions prepared me for today. I plan on continuing to use this forum as a tool and hope that I can provide helpful info to others as well.

I was very pleased with the ease of towing this unit. It was my first time towing something other than a small utility trailer. It was about a 37 mile drive home from the dealer and was on everything from the interstate to hilly back roads. My 2012 F150 supercab (extended cab) 5.0 v8 performed great, with 10.8 mpg.
VEEERY nice! With that extra room (the larger dinette than mine), your kids will grow nicely in there! We are already outgrowing our 2306 with 3 kids, but we wanted to upgrade without breaking the bank by upgrading the TV as well. So we kept our TV and got a TT it could tow.

Good choice!

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #28

Purchased 2104S

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I talked my wife in to the 2104S with the Murphy bed option and we love it. It's too heavy for her to raise up and down by herself, but I'll always be there anyway. We had set of sheets, two comforters, and 4 pillows on it and it still folded up and locked with no problems. Towed back to Oklahoma from Ohio with a Nissan Frontier with no problems, a little over 1,000 miles. Under $2.00/gallon gas sure helped the budget. Fits nicely in the driveway. Only spent 5 nights in it so far, but looking forward to warmer weather and extended stays.
okiecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #29

i have one in my 2503s, and we love it...
Old 02-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #30
lmopaulin

Our Murphy Bed Experience

My husband and I own a Rockwood Forest River 2304 Ultra Lite with the Murphy bed option. We went with the mb because for a small trailer it provided more space and your bed wasn't right there for everyone to see. Our mattress was heated and fairly comfortable. We were able to leave the bed clothes on and still fold it up, which was nice. The spaciousness provided is a definite plus for a small trailer. Our mb folded up against the front of the trailer so no slide out involved. The drawbacks: the slide bolts that hold the bed in place when folded up are fairly flimsy and often didn't slide in well or correctly. No disasters but can be a bit unnerving. The space between the bed and side of the trailer when folded down is really narrow and there are magazine racks there as well. My husband tried to make the racks removable with limited success. We typically just slid off the end of the bed to get out. There's a gap between the back of the bed and the front of the trailer and it's easy to drop things down there but very hard to get them out due to the depth of the gap. The bottom of the gap was the bottom of the front of the trailer with no buffer. We didn't experience any wetness but I always worried. To accommodate the bed, the trailer was tall and not aerodynamic. Finally, I wouldn't recommend a mb for older folks as we've noticed it getting harder to push up as we've aged. I'm sure the pros and cons vary greatly with the trailer.

Tags
bed