Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #61

Thanks, I agree this unit has most everything that we would want and need based on how we will use it. I like the fact that I can store this in my garage, the only regret I could ever see is later maybe the convenience of a bathroom.
CamperQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:28 PM   #62

Were you able to use the Subaru with the GeoPro with a 4-pin or 7-pin wiring?

thanks tRickster. What type of wiring did you need for the Subaru with the GeoPro? i.e., were you able to get by with 4-pin or did you need 7-pin wiring?
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRickster View Post
Hi all! My wife and I purchased a GeoPro RK12 in June 2020 and pulled it 9,000 miles in July and August behind a Subaru Forester! We traveled in our own Covid free bubble and loved it. We sure learned a lot on our trip and would like to share what worked great and what wasn't so great.
Our RK12 does not have the AC unit. We have a fan mounted in the ceiling and it was terrific. The way that the camper is designed, the fan draws fresh air across you from the windows in the doors and although the days were heating up to 102 routinely, we were very comfortable. Our unit came with a heated mattress and on those evenings that got cool or even cold, that mattress kept my wife very comfortable. It was too hot for me! The mattress is really comfortable!
We found that the microwave was wasted on us. We just didn't use it and took it out giving us more kitchen storage space. We also found, like many of you, that there is very little information on these terrific little trailers. I didn't know about the inverter! I still don't know for sure that my refrigerator will run off of the batteries or if it will, for how long. That is a huge question.
I added a 20# propane tank to the tongue and enjoy not having to carry a bunch of those 1# disposable bottles for the stove.
I also made my own awnings, one for each side using parts that I purchased through www.sailrite.com and 6x8 heavy duty tarps. I had a shoe repair shop sew them for me. I spent about $200 for poles, awnings, sewing ... the works.
I bought solar panels but for us, so far, they are a waste. We traveled every day of our trip and the batteries were totally charged up by our car. We rarely stayed at any one site for more than a day, If we head off to a campground where we plan to spend some time, the panels may come in handy. Consider how you are going to use your GeoPro before adding solar panels.
Like everyone else on this forum, wherever you go, you will be noticed! The GeoPro gets so much attention. People can't believe it. If you are considering a purchase, I say go for it! Full disclosure, I am 75 and my wife 65.
skippydooda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:44 AM   #63

Do you still have your Geopro? Just got one and was reading your thread
CowgirlJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:06 AM   #64

This thread still alive? Im wanting to ad an awning, any one have the factory part numbers? I think its a Thule?

Thanks
Still running great!
Ed from Riverside is offline   Reply With Quote