Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #11

Our dealer has pretty much ditched us....the day we went to pick up the unit, the a/c wasn't working right, the salesman said to drive it over to the service department and they could fix it while we waited - my brother-in-law had just past away and we were on our way to be with my sister - when we got to the service department at the other end of the building they just laughed, literally, told us it would be 3 weeks to get the parts to fix it....guess we should have known not to leave with it but we were in a difficult situation and trusted them to fix the a/c....

Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #12

this A/C wasn't working property when we picked it up from the dealer.....

Old 09-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylonestar12 View Post
, the a/c has malfunctioned three times....
Quote:
Do you know if it has been the same problem all three times or were they different (if known)?

The reason I ask, is to see if it's something we might can help you with.

We're a lot better at solving mechanical issues than answering legal advice around here.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Understand your frustrations, sometimes it can be disheartening to spend this kind of money to even have one issue let alone multiples.
If your dealer isn't of much service it's truly in your best interest to find one that can take care of your requests.

I noticed you haven't answered a previous posters question on wether or not you had 30 amp service or 50?

And also as posted earlier you can eliminate high amp draws buy running your water heater on gas instead of electric, that alone will drop your amp usage by 9-13 amps.
Your camper is not even close to being like your home and sometimes you have to sacrifice high amp draw items that are running at the same time as other high amp items.

Turbs
Old 09-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #15

Thumbs up TX Lemon Law for Rv's

Texas Lemon Law does cover Rv's and, frankly, probably better than any other state does. In TX the lemon definition is complex though and goes like this, it's an Rv that has had 4 unsuccessful repairs when 2 occur within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles and other 2 occur within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles immediately following second repair attempt, or 2 unsuccessful repairs of a serious safety defect when 1 occurred within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles and other occurred within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles immediately following first repair, or 30 calendar days out of service within shorter of 2 years or 24,000 miles and at least 2 attempts were made within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles. Told you it was tough to follow. Every state has its own Lemon Law and whether your recreational vehicle or travel trailer is a lemon depends on your law and the facts of your case. Most state lemon vehicle laws don’t cover non-motorized Rv’s, travel trailers or campers, but many do cover the chassis and non-living portions of a motorized Rv. But if you have problems with any Rv or trailer, you may not be stuck. There is also a federal lemon law that can cover travel trailers and the rest of the Rv and almost all consumer purchases and it can help you too; it's called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Some state Rv lemon laws only cover motor homes and Rv’s purchased new and other state laws (like Ohio) can cover used or new, so you have to read your state's particular law to know what your legal rights are. Generally, all state Rv Lemon Laws cover the non-living areas and require that you return the vehicle to the manufacturer's dealer for repair attempts at least 3 or 4 times for the same defect before you can claim it is a lemon, although there are other definitions of what a lemon Rv can be in some states. If you do have a lemon Rv, then you probably have the right to chose between getting your money back or getting a replacement but you should talk to an Rv Lemon Law lawyer to find out for sure about your coach.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #16

Dunno guys, I've go a 2011 flagstaff.

I can run my AC and microwave at the same time with no problems. 32" TV going, DVD playing too with the AC and Micro. No problems.

My trailer is a 30A service.

Not sure about if the WH has ever kicked on while running it all though, but I have had the heat on while this was all going on a couple times.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Carknocker Family

I have tried to run the big three at once W/H, A/C, Micro and and popped the breaker in side the camper. 30 amp service. I changed over to lp on W/H and no more problems with that. Just my experience, yours may or may not be the same.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Dunno guys, I've go a 2011 flagstaff.

I can run my AC and microwave at the same time with no problems. 32" TV going, DVD playing too with the AC and Micro. No problems.

My trailer is a 30A service.

Not sure about if the WH has ever kicked on while running it all though, but I have had the heat on while this was all going on a couple times.

X2