Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #1

Need Help or advice...

I bought a new Rockwood 8311 SS on November 1st. Our first trip out both IR 33 radio / DVD players did not function correctly. I immediately notify my dealer about the issue and they were already aware of problems with the IR 33. My trailer is currently at the dealer getting other warranty work performed on it and I spoke with them again about the IR v33 not working. They have informed me that Forest River is aware of problems on all IR v33 radios but currently do not have a fix or solution to their problem.

I feel this problem has gone on way too long without a solution. Does anyone know of a timeline that Forest River has to fix a problem. I'm asking myself why am I paying each month for something that only half works and the manufacturer does not have a solution to fix. I feel that the customer should be compensated for the amount of time that its taking Forest River to come up with a solution.

Please share your thoughts.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #2

Hey hobo same boat here on a new rock wood. Less than 24 hrs old lol. Audio cuts in and out driving me crazy. I have a call into my dealer I am going to see if they will swap it out. I'll let you know the solution we come up with.
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Site Team

I would contact Rockwood Forest-River directly as well. All too often communication between dealer and mfg gets lost or takes forever.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote