Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #21

It just looks like my trailer but its a Rockwood.If you buy one I would shop for the better price .Check post 18 in this forum there a 3000.00 dif.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1 View Post
We purchased our 2109S last Feb from Wana RV in shipshawana, IN. We live in Southwestern MI. We are very pleased with our "MINI". We have taken our 2109S on trips the past year to the UP Of MI, Missouri, KY, TN, Great Smokey Mountan NP, NC, VA, WVA, OH,and numerous places in Michigan. We just love it. It has everything the two of us need, just like the Big Boys. We have camped in cold and warm weather and found out mini to be really functional. Pulls great and has plenty of storage. We have taken two of the grand kids at time and the swing out couch works well for them with a little extra foam added. All and all it works great for us.
hunter1
Hunter1, we are heading to Wana RV this weekend to look at a 2109s. I'm pretty sure we're sold on this model, but how was your experience with Wana RV? They have been great with answering all of our questions so I'm hoping the rest of the process will be just as good. Any information would be appreciated.
aeh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #23

2109s

My husband and I looked at this model yesterday. Very disappointed. The fit and finish of these trailer could be a lot better. What we found:

- Poor caulking in the corners
- Poor fitting outside access panels
- Poor placement of electrical outlets
- And lots of wasted space. ie.. the pull out sofa when opened up was over a foot away from the outside wall, exposing the poorly fitted outside access pane. Not to mention, the large gap that a sleeper could fall into. The sofa opened up is pretty much not fit for sleeping.

The only thing we liked was the look and quality of the cabinetry.

They just do not make trailers like they used to.

Look at one thoroughly before you purchase it.

Ruthie
ShakyPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #24

Poor quality

Well folks, you are going to find all sorts of things wrong with ANY RV. Might as well go back to the basics, and get a tent.
robert elling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #25

Not true

We have owne many trailers of good quality. If you pay good money no reason you should not get a quality product. The fit, finish and design of this 2109s was very disappointing. Can't believe the sofa bed when pulled out, was not a bed at all. Even for one person, there is a drop off. Bathroom very tight.

Bottom line, they just do not make trailers the way they used to.

We looked at another rockwood, a 23 that had a u-shaped dinette. Tried several configurations but could not come up with something comfortable for anyone to sleep on. The cushions were different sizes and did not lay flat.

Anyone who can give us some ideas for a good lite weight trailer, we would appreciate it. So far it has been a very disappointing experience.

Ruthie and Billy
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #26

Did you look at flagstaff 21 fbrs micro lite. That's what we went with and it just the two of us we are happy with it.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #27

The flagstaff 21 is exactly like the rockwood 2109 from what we hear. It is mostly just the two of us. But there are times another couple comes with us, and if the sofa bed in the flagstaff is same as rockwood it is useless. Why they have over a foot of dead space when the sofa is pulled out is beyond us, very poor planning on the drawing board. We are at the point of holding onto our 1993 Sunline.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #28

When we pull out the sofa bed you can sleep two on it. If it was any longer and we needed to go to the br we would have to crawl over it
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
When we pull out the sofa bed you can sleep two on it. If it was any longer and we needed to go to the br we would have to crawl over it
We use the space behind the sofa for additional storage. I believe that is what the space is for since they put an outside access door there. When the slide is out, it really isn't in the way. We have some issues with the trim inside as well, but for the money and what we have to tow with, we love the trailer and feel it was the best choice for us.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #30

2109s

I don't think anyone is really understanding what I am saying.
The sofa in the 2109s when pulled out has about a foot plus gap from the back edge of the sofa to the outside wall.
A small child could fall in it. Plus the outside hatch is very poorly fitted in that
space. There is no way two adults could sleep there, and the trailer is advertised as sleeping 4.

And the same with the 23 ft. Rockwood. The one that has a u-shaped dinette. You cannot configure the cushions to make a flat bed area.

You could make all kinds of modifications to fix the factory's poor fit and finish. But then it cost you extra. The product should be built with a little more pride to begin with is what I am saying.

Not looking like we will be buying a new trailer very soon if this what is out there for new trailers.

Very disappointed.

Billy and Ruthie
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyPancake View Post
I don't think anyone is really understanding what I am saying.
The sofa in the 2109s when pulled out has about a foot plus gap from the back edge of the sofa to the outside wall.
A small child could fall in it. Plus the outside hatch is very poorly fitted in that
space. There is no way two adults could sleep there, and the trailer is advertised as sleeping 4.

And the same with the 23 ft. Rockwood. The one that has a u-shaped dinette. You cannot configure the cushions to make a flat bed area.

You could make all kinds of modifications to fix the factory's poor fit and finish. But then it cost you extra. The product should be built with a little more pride to begin with is what I am saying.

Not looking like we will be buying a new trailer very soon if this what is out there for new trailers.

Very disappointed.

Billy and Ruthie
The cushions most certainly make a flat bed. The corner triangle shaped cushions come off.

Also, the 2109 has the space behind the couch for the table to store.
The 2109 would be better suited to a couples trailer, or a couple and 2 small children.
If you want a well thought out trailer, look at the 2304s, we love it.
Wpgrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #32

2304s

We looked at one of those too, it has a murphy bed. And when pulled out for sleeping there are two metal brackets on sides of wardrobes that you can hit your head on. Nothing is really complete about these trailers.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #33

Quote:
We looked at one of those too, it has a murphy bed. And when pulled out for sleeping there are two metal brackets on sides of wardrobes that you can hit your head on. Nothing is really complete about these trailers.
Please post some pictures of the Sunline. I have never seen one. It must be very nice. I'm sorry you are disappointed with the Mini Lites. What works for some people doesn't work for others. Good luck on your search. I hope you can find something that lives up to your expectations.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #34

Quote:
If you are referring to the plates that the locking pins connect to, you are being overly critical.
You are more likely to hit your head on the corner of the wardrobe. You would need to try very hard to hit your head on that.
If you leap sideways out of bed in a panic, perhaps...
You may never be happy with a trailer. There are logical concessions to be made with any trailer. Rockwood gives incredible floor plan flexibility. If 2 plates spoil your RV experience, I don't know what advice to give you. I guess I am a risk taker. Knowing that I could be injured by rogue, rounded metal plates!
Wpgrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #35

I have been on the road and was unable to reply to your questions. I hope your experience with WANA was as good as mine. We love our 2109S and feel the quality and layout was what we wanted. Every trailer layout can be better but we like ours. I hope you enjoy yours as well.
hunter1
hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
We use the space behind the sofa for additional storage. I believe that is what the space is for since they put an outside access door there. When the slide is out, it really isn't in the way. We have some issues with the trim inside as well, but for the money and what we have to tow with, we love the trailer and feel it was the best choice for us.
I agree with you we like ours to and we had trouble with the trim but it was my fault I put a couple of panel nails and you can't tell
Old 02-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1 View Post
I have been on the road and was unable to reply to your questions. I hope your experience with WANA was as good as mine. We love our 2109S and feel the quality and layout was what we wanted. Every trailer layout can be better but we like ours. I hope you enjoy yours as well.
hunter1
Thanks for the info. We put our deposit down on a 2109s and will be picking it up in a few weeks from Wana. Can't wait to take it out.
aeh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #38

My wife and I have a 2109S and are very happy with it. The space behind the couch is used to store the folding table and the electrical cord (which is accessed through a side hatch panel) We also store two metal folding chairs with foam seat cushions for dinner guests, small thrash can, wine and my single barrel bourbon.
I agree that this is a TT that is best for couples. It fits our needs perfect!..One just has to define ones needs (not wants) and then research a lot. There is a wealth of info on manufacturers websites.
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #39
Can I Retire Now?

We got a 2109S because it was the biggest RV that my Ford Ranger 4.0 could pull, and the dealer quote was great. We are empty nesters, so the sleeping arrangements are fine for us. The couch issue doesn't matter. We did have many issues that warranty would have probably covered, but we bought our unit from a distant dealer, which greatly complicated warranty repairs. The roof leaked, the joints in the cabinet doors broke loose, storage door latch fit bad, black & gray water indicators erroneous, battery failed in 6 months, counter molding fit bad, microwave could not be turned off, stereo intermittent, a couple of wood work joints broke open. With all that, we love our unit. I fixed some items, a local dealer fixed some. Some things I live with. We would buy another Rockwood, but would wary about warranty issues and dealer selections. We went to a show recently, and the dealer was unable to get the Murphy bed to lift up. Embarrassing for him! In 4 years we may get a 5th wheel and a F150. Till then we love our little trailer. First trip is this weekend, with 9 trips scheduled so far this season.
Hedemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #40

Why would you even keep it?

The roof leaked, the joints in the cabinet doors broke loose, storage door latch fit bad, black & gray water indicators erroneous, battery failed in 6 months, counter molding fit bad, microwave could not be turned off, stereo intermittent, a couple of wood work joints broke open.

OMG. And, you kept it with all these things that went wrong?

We pay for something new, we expect it to be in darn near perfect condition.

Tags
210, 2109s