Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #81

we looked at both the Dinette version and the Couch version. We went with the couch for a couple of reasons. The couch makes the whole TT seem bigger. since it is just the two of us, we aren't really worried about the sleeping arrangements because we will be in the bed. (i do wish it was 6 inchs longer though) We also liked the entry door being close to the fridge and the small storage compartment there. We keep the firelighter there, the therma cells, flashlights, can coozies... the stuff you just want to reach in and grab.

Additionally, the dinette was made with very thin wood, I was concerned that I would eventually break the dinette after it made a cracking noise when i placed my knee on it to adjust a blind.

I can tell you that the Wife and I are very happy with our purchase.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #82

THANKS to all for your input.

I had concerns about the 2109S couch and small slideout setup until I read the posts. I am now leaning toward a 2109. The rear door easy access to refer and bath is a big plus.

I submitted 2 floorplans (2104S and 2109S) to the "This Is The One I Want Department" (DW) for comment.

I'll keep in touch!
Henboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #83

I have a 2104s. I like everything about it. I actually pulled the table out and replaced it with a mini pack and play for my 2 month old daughter... loved the camper and bought it just for this reason.

Sent from my XT901 using Forest River Forums mobile app
bioteach1747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #84

I agree with Andiem1 & Iswartz and all who posted in favor of the 2109S. We have hated dinettes ever since we had to endure one on our 1st camper - a Coleman popup.
We find that dinettes force one into an upright and uncomfortable position - definitely no good for reading & relaxing but OK for dining.
With the 2109's free standing table you can put it up for dining or laptop work and put it away so you can stretch out to read or watch TV.
I do have to wonder why the factory spec'd such a heavy table though? Seems that almost everyone has replaced theirs.
It is difficult to find a small trailer that does not have a dinette which is one of the many reasons we purchased the 2109.
BruceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #85

Thank you for saying this. I almost wanted to offer the poster my conventional tent we used for 15 years. 7' head space in the main tent dome and 2 br on east and west side of tent main center. Hate sleeping on the ground! Blow up beds are for the young. LOL
byronandmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyPancake View Post
How can you love something that is falsely advertised? In no way does this trailer sleep 4 comfortably. You open up the jackknife sofa and there is over a foot of dead space at the back. We have a jackknife sofa in our Sunline, when you open it up it sleeps two, and has not gap. It is a cheaply made trailer, fit and finish is horrible!

We will keep our 20 year old Sunline another season. Have been to three trailer shows in the past four months, and have not seen anything worth buying.

They don't make them like they used to. Cutting corners etc...
It sounds like there's no pleasing you. Perhaps you could buy into a cabin on your favorite mmap destination or make cruise ship reservations. Nothing holds up going down the road at 65mph. Do you realize the impact the highways have on any/all vehicles?
byronandmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #87

So many to choose from. Sofa. Dinette, Murphy bed. Slide. No slide. 1 door. 2 doors. The list goes on & on. Even with all of these choices, they are still travel trailers & come up short of a house. We chose the Flagstaff 21fbrs & are well pleased with it. A few minor problems but all handled under warranty. Found it to be very well built, but still a travel trailer. I understand that the Rockwoods & the Flagstaffs come off the same assembly line. Just hope you don't gat a Friday afternoon or Monday morning unit. Anyway, lets not expect more than it is-a travel trailer. lets just enjoy & have a good time.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #88

2109S for sale

I thought this thread had died 6 months ago. But, since it has reopened, does anyone want to buy a used 2012 2109S that has had all its "faults" fixed?

We have ordered a new truck and a 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8244S fifth-wheel, so won't be needing the 2109S in 2015. We spent another two months in it in 2014, after the 111 nights in it in 2013, and 22 nights in 2012. So, it is well "broken-in" and everything that has come loose, broken, or was improperly installed has been repaired. All the appliances, AC, etc. work perfectly and we have had no problems with any of them. I added a second 12v battery and both deep-cycle batteries are still fully charged and working properly as well. Since we are switching to a 5'er, the weight-distribution hitch can go with it too (Reese dual-cam sway-control hitch with 800-lb bars). So, it's ready to go camping as soon as it leaves our storage yard.

The trailer is in Denver, but could be delivered as far east as Illinois in late March-early April. That's when we will head for Chicago to pick up the new trailer from House of Camping. If interested, PM me.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2020 Winnebago Navion 24V Sprinter Class C
Sold in 2021: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
Sold in 2014: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 2109s